Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing
Bug - 3 Me find bug, am make bug report

BiZarro Tom

Level 4 Re-Re

liker of mudkips

Botfly

Oestridae (also called botfly or “bumfly” bot fly) is a family of Oestroidea. It is one of several families of hairy flies whose larvae live as parasites within the bodies of mammals, such as the Desert Woodrat. There are approximately 150 known species worldwide.

Only one bot fly species attacks humans, the Dermatobia hominis. For many years the deer botfly was cited as the fastest flying insect in the Guinness Book of World Records, but the claim has been refuted and is no longer considered probable.

Life cycle

* Botflies deposit eggs in a host body, or sometimes use an intermediate vector: common houseflies for example.

* Eggs are deposited in animal skin directly, or the larvae drop from the egg: the body heat of the animal induces hatching upon contact. Some forms of botfly also reside in the digestive tract when consumed by a licking action.

* Myiasis can be caused by larvae burrowing into the skin (or tissue lining) of the host animal.

* Mature larvae drop from the host and complete the pupal stage in soil.

* They do not kill the host animal, and thus are true parasites (though some species of rodent-infesting botflies do consume the host’s testes/ovaries).

* The bot fly presents annual difficulties to equestrian caretakers, as it lays eggs on the insides of horse’s front legs, on the cannon bone and knees, and sometimes on the throat or nose, depending on what type of bot fly does the laying. These eggs, which look like small, yellow drops of paint, must be carefully removed during the laying season (late summer and early fall) to prevent infestation in the horse. When a horse rubs its nose on its legs, the eggs are transferred to the mouth, and from there to the intestines, where the larva grows and migrates to the skin. When ready to emerge, a thumbnail-sized lump will appear on the horse, which is not painful, but if the lump happens to be where the saddle or bridle go, the horse will be out of commission until the wound made by the young bot fly’s emergence heals. Additionally, migrating larva may cause mouth sores, ulcers in the stomach, and blockage of the pyloric valve which could lead to colic. Removal of the eggs (which adhere to the host’s hair) is tricky, since the bone and tendons are directly under the skin on the cannon bones: eggs must be removed with a sharp knife (often a razor blade) or rough sand paper, and caught before they reach the ground. During this process the human can also become infected. Bots can be controlled with several types of dewormers, including dichlorvos, ivermectin, and trichlorfon

Locations

Botflies live in a variety of places, mostly warm and damp climates including throughout Brazil and Chile, as well as far north as the southern United States.

Countries with known botfly encounters:

* Brazil

* Belize

* Chile

* Southern United States

* Mexico

* Honduras

* Dominican Republic

* Peru

* Argentina

* Several small provinces in Africa.

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 50390 Tue May 26 17:55:44 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

bizzarrogigerth, skirtin the bannnnnnn

ANGRY HOBO

Avatar: 49150 Tue Aug 11 01:43:48 -0400 2009

Level 28 Emo Kid

lmbo i gave this account and now its full of people :D bye all this game is ****....................

BAD POST BY A BAD ALT

BiZarro Tom

Level 4 Re-Re

liker of mudkips

It thread am like flypaper. Attract icky bugs!

ANGRY HOBO

Avatar: 49150 Tue Aug 11 01:43:48 -0400 2009

Level 28 Emo Kid

lmbo i gave this account and now its full of people :D bye all this game is ****....................

BiZarro Tom Posted:

hello i’m teh sux poster a teh sux alt an im a ****in fabulous persongit

BiZarro Tom

Level 4 Re-Re

liker of mudkips

Ha! Ha! Ha! You am quote me say smart thing! Me am been pwn!

SirIsaac

[Team Shortbus]

Level 9 Troll

WHSOutcast at gmail dot com

you am only have one shtick

enough

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

/me throws the pokeball

Botfly is captured Log in to see images!

Buying a lot of zomg im so fat.xpeg – 500 each 

fat

Avatar: 49759 Sun Oct 26 03:31:30 -0400 2008

Level 13 Permanoob

HI I is bum Ketchup an.. O SHI- I think my fatrolls killed teh pokeymans under me...

quangntenemy Posted:

/me throws the pokeball

Botfly is captured Log in to see images!

Lern2Pokemon. That’s not a pokemon!

FAT!!!

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

dude that is digusting

Hobart Bliggity Posted:

I’m going to stop mid sentence because I just realized that forumwarz has become exactly what it started off parodying. A good number of the newer posters don’t see that we’re making fun of idiots and spammers and trolls that exist on other forums. They are the idiots and spammers and trolls we used to parody. I really can’t get past that right now but good work CZ I guess.

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view_post/653647

BiZarro Tom

Level 4 Re-Re

liker of mudkips

you am only have one shtick

enough

SirIsaac Posted:

Me am take you opinion very serious, am consider you advice important. Now me am stop post forever. Thank for help BizarroIsaac!

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Ash Ketchum Posted:

Lern2Pokemon. That’s not a pokemon!

My super ball can capture everything Log in to see images!

Buying a lot of zomg im so fat.xpeg – 500 each 

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!