Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll Friend of Forumwarz E-Peen

Beavis-Dragon

Level 56 Emo Kid

Douchebag to the Stars!!!!!!

Maybe i’m crazy but wouldn’t it be just as worthwhile to have some sort of tracking system for ET and his crew to know when someone has donated enough cash for BPs to earn the FofFW e-peen’s. Not everyone wants to donate 25 bucks to get a peen, but over the course of time might get 5 $5 packs, and would also be eligible for the pack. Anyone else agree or am I just a fabulous person for even mentioning it

BEAVIS-DRAGON

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

I think that’s a nice idea. I really buy BPs mostly in packs of 3-5, I think the money you donated should scale.

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 50390 Tue May 26 17:55:44 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

i’ll agree in principle, tho it creates a bit of progging for cz to implement it and therefore its a long shot Log in to see images!

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

If you think you’ll donate enough for a Friend E-Peen at some point, why not buy it right away? It’s more efficient anyway.

I don’t know who posted it, but a while back someone said “Check the packages, see what you want/need: don’t get that one, get the next. You won’t regret it.” Turned out true for me.

Edit: I updated the wiki with the exact requirements for the Friend peens which were lacking.

DEAD FAGGOT edited this message on 08/17/2008 10:43AM

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

I don’t see a problem with this. Some people can only donate a little at a time, and by the time they donate the same amount as a higher-level package, they’ve actually bought fewer BP than someone who did it in one shot. So why shouldn’t they get rewarded as well?

Beavis-Dragon

Level 56 Emo Kid

Douchebag to the Stars!!!!!!

MC Banhammer Posted:

I don’t see a problem with this. Some people can only donate a little at a time, and by the time they donate the same amount as a higher-level package, they’ve actually bought fewer BP than someone who did it in one shot. So why shouldn’t they get rewarded as well?

In a nutshell that was what I was trying to convey

SG94

Avatar: 53266 2011-07-31 00:43:01 -0400

[SG Inc]

Level 35 Troll

The most anal, compulsive tattle tale on this site, mess with me and meet the ban axe ****

MC Banhammer Posted:

Problem is that people who buy small deals will be less likely to spend BP on community stuff and just buy whatever they need (like Sucky Sucky to get an alt). Big spenders who buy the friend deals will be more likely to spend their BP on contests, pranks, etc. Last time I ran into ET in chat, he wanted to stimulate lots of BP spending and the friend E-Peen encourage players to overspend a little. I know I wouldn’t have held as many contests, pranks or occasional random giveaways if I didn’t have BP to burn at times.

tl;dr: If you want friend E-Peen, buy them.

Morro the As-
sless

[Gunther and the Su-
nshine Girls fancl-
ub
]

Level 10 Troll

The Biggest and Greatest Bodyguard on the Interwebz

so SG, we should only reward the big spenders while stepping on the people who scrimped and saved to buy a small pack? I would hope not. since this is a community game, it should be all rewarded or none. because every little bit helps when maintaining a game of this caliber.

SG94

[SG Inc]

Level 35 Troll

The most anal, compulsive tattle tale on this site, mess with me and meet the ban axe ****

Morro the bumless Posted:

so SG, we should only reward the big spenders while stepping on the people who scrimped and saved to buy a small pack? I would hope not. since this is a community game, it should be all rewarded or none. because every little bit helps when maintaining a game of this caliber.

Little bits help. Bigger bits help more. That’s why the latter are rewarded with E-Peen. Which is my original argument that you chose not to address. You are not forced to donate btw and I wouldn’t recommend it if you need to “scrimp and save” for a handful of dollars.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

SG94 Posted:

if you need to “scrimp and save” for a handful of dollars.

How fortunate you are to have a steady income with hundreds of disposable dollars to spend on a game. Some of us are not in that position, and yet still enjoy buying little things when we can.

SG94

[SG Inc]

Level 35 Troll

MC Banhammer Posted:

How fortunate you are to have a steady income with hundreds of disposable dollars to spend on a game. Some of us are not in that position, and yet still enjoy buying little things when we can.

You know nothing about my financial situation nor should it be relevant to this discussion. I’m out of here.

Echuu

Avatar: 6433 Tue Jul 21 22:01:07 -0400 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

SG94 Posted:

You know nothing about my financial situation nor should it be relevant to this discussion. I’m out of here.

Couldn’t have done it sooner.

The real issue here is that it’s workload for CZ, of course adding up donations to 25$ should give the e-peen, but once again, lot’s of work for a already hard working team.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

SG94 Posted:

Although your financial situation has nothing to do with the thread, Banhammer brings a valid point: not everyone can dish 100 dollars at once, specially for an internet game, but lots of people can donate up to 100 dollars over time.

You can see the leaderboards; while at most 60 characters have the Plutonion E-Peen, at least 2100 characters have the Best Player Ever E-Peen. Most people can’t afford to dish in a huge sum of dollars at a time. I’m pretty sure CZ receives more from all those characters buying small packages then people giving them 100 dollars. The statistics are out there, you just need to calculate them.

Why don’t give the E-Peens to those people as well? Compared to how many BPs they would have buy to get those E-Peens, compared to the Friend of Forumwarz packages, they would have donated MORE then those people who bought the FoF packages. There is no reason to NOT give the E-Peen for those people.

I believe the best solution for people who bought bigger packages on the past would be giving them another unique E-Peen, for proving they bought the packages. I don’t think it would require hard coding for this one.

Fran edited this message on 08/18/2008 9:53PM

SG94

[SG Inc]

Level 35 Troll

Fran Posted:

Although your financial situation has nothing to do with the thread, Banhammer brings a valid point: not everyone can dish 100 dollars at once, specially for an internet game, but lots of people can donate up to 100 dollars over time.

You can see the leaderboards; while at most 60 characters have the Plutonion E-Peen, at least 2100 characters have the Best Player Ever E-Peen. Most people can’t afford to dish in a huge sum of dollars at a time. I’m pretty sure CZ receives more from all those characters buying small packages then people giving them 100 dollars. The statistics are out there, you just need to calculate them.

Why don’t give the E-Peens to those people as well? Compared to how many BPs they would have buy to get those E-Peens, compared to the Friend of Forumwarz packages, they would have donated MORE then those people who bought the FoF packages. There is no reason to NOT give the E-Peen for those people.

I believe the best solution for people who bought bigger packages on the past would be giving them another unique E-Peen, for proving they bought the packages. I don’t think it would require hard coding for this one.

Thank you for reasonably addressing the argument I put forth without resorting to wild bumumptions about my personal situation. Although I still like the incentive for binge buying that the current situation gives, I can see your side of the argument as well.

Travalgar

Avatar: 49870 Tue Oct 21 02:47:07 -0400 2008

Level 29 Troll

“Gaping Asshole”

Yeah, a good point. In my country, there is an old saying, “Little by little, dusts and pebbles formed mountains.”

I support BeavisDragon’s idea completely.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

It could act as a disincentive to donate, if another $5 means you’re going to give another clue to who all your alts are (unless you’ve got all the peen already, but not many are in that situation… )

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 08/19/2008 2:46AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!