Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing
Religion The Existentialist Troll

Ceciltron

Level 12 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Should one choose to follow the french tradition of existentialist thought, one invariably takes the Camusian position that happiness can only be found in solidarity, or the Sartrian notion that indeed, Hell is other people.

While the average troll would be inclined to adopt the Sartrian existentialist vein and declare that the Troll, therefore, must willing declare his suffering of the others’ simple existence and, by extension, berate them for even deigning to not have killed themselves yet (tying into the Camusian philosophical question) it is possible to attach a more humanistic reasoning to existentialist thought without necessarily sacrificing the joy of bringing the other (a cause of such great misery for our Existentialist Troll) unprecedented mental anguish.

The answer, of course, is to be found in the Camusian position. Camus posited that “the only philosophical question is suicide”. Fair enough, and, while Camus’ answer was no, one is left wondering what remains. Necessarily one would strive for happiness, but seemingly contradicts the Sartrian notion of the other.

The Troll, however, can cirgreat timesvent this reasoning, and understand that to reach his most productive and humanistic value by considering the following.

A: The Troll is fueled by hate, and likewise an existentialist bears a great deal of hatred towards the Other.

B: However, it is possible to build a sense of solidarity, when, united in hate against a common enemy (ideal examples include logical positivists or emo kids), Trolls may develop a sense of decreased “otherness” and weaken traditional divisive structures (competing for the attention a camwhore or systematically eliminating the barriers imposed by bourgeois conformist culture)

C: Therefore, a troll may act for the greater good, satisfying the condition of working towards the benefit of solidarity, while defeating the other.

In conclusion, I really doubt any of you will read this but it’d do you a world of good and probably give you some material to attack non-humanist minded trolls.

Also individualists can suck a giant bum full of baroque rationalists. They’ll doom us all with their regressive self-indulgent materialism and decadence.

tame

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I disagree. As a troll, I am not fueled by hatred. I simply want to have fun, even if it is at another person’s expense. Also, saying that any number of combined trolls would constitute a ‘greater good’ is wrong, since they aren’t striving for any greater good. Trolls troll for entertainment and/or discord, known by news groups and old people as ‘the lulz.’ If they were to be active for some social, political, or religious reason, they’d simply be another fabulous person.

<*~_~*> Log in to see images! 1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 edited this message on 08/12/2008 4:14PM

Ceciltron

Level 12 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

tame Posted:

I disagree. As a troll, I am not fueled by hatred. I simply want to have fun, even if it is at another person’s expense. Also, saying that any number of combined trolls would constitute a ‘greater good’ is wrong, since they aren’t striving for any greater good. Trolls troll for entertainment and/or discord, known by news groups and old people as ‘the lulz.’ If they were to be active for some social, political, or religious reason, they’d simply be another fabulous person.

Your point has some merit, it is true, that not all trolls exist as a function of hatred. It must, however, be pointed out that our joy, our very lifeblood, though, is the suffering of others. To an external observer, the quest for fun times seems very much like undue hatred.

However, I do stand firm by the fact that the greater good should be to show all the fabulous persons out there exactly how they’re fabulous personging things up. Their suffering SHOULD lead them to be better individuals, and perhaps even accept trolls as enlightened philosopher tyrants.

tame

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

No, **** you. Hatred is hardly seen as the troll’s motive. It has always been seen as desperate cries for attention, while the personal motive is almost always for personal entertainment, except for the rare case of revenge. And I do not see my actions as ever improving society. I do it for ****s and giggles. You’re thinking too hard. Go die now.

The point is to teach them not to take themselves so seriously, but instead the opposite always happens and it makes me laugh. Log in to see images!

Ceciltron

Level 12 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

tame Posted:

No, **** you. Hatred is hardly seen as the troll’s motive. It has always been seen as desperate cries for attention, while the personal motive is almost always for personal entertainment, except for the rare case of revenge. And I do not see my actions as ever improving society. I do it for ****s and giggles. You’re thinking too hard. Go die now.

Typical. By rejecting the struggle of the trolletariat you are revealing yourself to be an enemy of the common benefit. You are guilty of all the good trolling you don’t do.

Ceciltron

Level 12 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

1337xxxlolololxxx1337 Posted:

The point is to teach them not to take themselves so seriously, but instead the opposite always happens and it makes me laugh. Log in to see images!

Exactly. We’ll keep trying until they get it. Then we’ll keep making fun of them anyway for doing it wrong.

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 50390 Tue May 26 17:55:44 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

its all just for fun, or should be, thats all i gotta say.

SuperMonkeyM-
an

Level 69 Troll

New Mod in training.

Ceciltron Posted:

Your point has some merit, it is true, that not all trolls exist as a function of hatred. It must, however, be pointed out that our joy, our very lifeblood, though, is the suffering of others. To an external observer, the quest for fun times seems very much like undue hatred.

However, I do stand firm by the fact that the greater good should be to show all the fabulous persons out there exactly how they’re fabulous personging things up. Their suffering SHOULD lead them to be better individuals, and perhaps even accept trolls as enlightened philosopher tyrants.

I’D **** IN YOUR MOUTH IF YOUR HEAD WASN’T ALREADY SO FAR UP YOUR bum. Log in to see images!

Call me on skype: stupidmonkeyman

BirdofPrey

Avatar: 2037 Sun May 10 02:46:48 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I lick her up afterwards (After her great times session too! Yum!)

Hey guys, so i was smoking some dank ‘dro and thinking about the internet and i had this crazy idea:

Bauzer

Avatar: 14338 Sat Jan 03 15:31:28 -0500 2009

Level 36 Emo Kid

p good troll thread IMO

Travalgar

Avatar: 49870 Tue Oct 21 02:47:07 -0400 2008

Level 29 Troll

“Gaping Asshole”

You troll-wannabes should just quit yappin’ nonsenses and get back to anal-****ing your fat mom.

You’ll never be a good troll HERE and ANYWHERE else if you follow those very special, idiotic, fruit of a fine upstanding member of societyjew’s mind A B Cs above. Instead of posting such a shortbrained tips, why don’t you invent some smart Re-Res or something less shameful to yourself?

If you want to be a good troll anyway, try to TAKE EVERYTHING SERIOUSLY for starting. That way you’ll place yourself directly below the good trolls, so in common sense you’ll make it to the top easier (although I wonder if someone with half of their brains would think an easily-bumhurted troll as a good troll).

Who am I? I am…

And I’m going to zap your bum.

Elsa Fresch

[Gunther and the Su-
nshine Girls fancl-
ub
]

Level 9 Camwhore

“Training Broad”

If you ask me you all need more sex and love and champagne and you would not want to do this trolling thing.

Tutti Fruitti Summer Love!

Gorgeous Bul-
l****

Level 4 Troll

“Slightly Unpleasant Individual”

Vodka is the true fuel of the troll

suck my ****, ****.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!