Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll 1% repair trick: legit strategy, or cheating?

URMOMLAWL

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Curious. Discuss.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

Evil Trout Posted:

It’s worth noting that we’ve known about this for a long time and our official stance is “enjoy it while it lasts” as it will be fixed at some point.

My advice is to not rely on exploits for advancement Log in to see images!

See also this thread where the quote came from.

DEAD FAGGOT edited this message on 08/08/2008 4:46PM

URMOMLAWL

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

K. It wasn’t answered which part was considered the exploit. Is there a cap on how many deliveries you can hold w/out selling?

The ideal fix would be to make equipment no longer function at 0%, even during an attack, no?

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

The way I’ve read it, the mechanic is intended, but was not intended for that purpose. In other words, yes it is legit and you should be able to repair things to whatever percentage you can using all the flezz on hand, even if it only repairs them by a percent or two. This is pretty necessary for those going through the initial game where at times you literally have 20 flezz and just do what you can.

Holding all your stuff as items and doing the repair to 1% was not the intended purpose, but it’s not illegal as it uses a simple and universal game mechanic. CZ has implied that at some point in the future this won’t be possible.

I believe you can keep 50 unique junk items on hand, with an unlimited quantity of each, before you start having problems with deliveries.

In my opinion, it is extremely inconvenient to sit with zero flezz all the time, and I can’t see why anyone would bother if they weren’t a DML owning troll. Emo stuff takes forever to break, Camwhores make enough flezz to repair stuff to full all the time. I run around using my extremely breakable Harris Piltons on all the time and when they break, I just repair them.

Realistically, the DML is an uber item, but even given it’s epic nature the repair costs are on the insane side.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!