Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Politics Regarding MC Banhammer's last crazy domination Idea

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

MC Banhammer Posted:

“There can be only one”

Only one of your alts can participate in Dom that week. You choose which.

I’ll elaborate on my reasoning behind this suggestion in another thread at another time. But it comes down to two basic thing, which I’ll mention here in case anyone who wants the Flamebate ePeen feels like starting that thread:

Don’t mind if I doLog in to see images!

MC Banhammer Posted:

1) Domination is currently a money game; if you can buy enough alts, you can buy your medals.

2) Out-of-klan alts are helped by klanmates. In other words, if Player A and Player B are both in, say, Episode3Gamma, then all of PlayerA and PlayerB’s alts help each other out in whatever bracket they fall. This is equivalent to a professional baseball team throwing ringers into the Little League games: Not fun for anyone but the ringers.

Ok now for serious: I agree with you fully on point one. In fact I’ve thrown the phrase “buying medals” around before on this forum.

Point two: not so much. Klannies should be able to help eachother out: it encourages team play. The problem: alts in the same team. That is something no altless player can compete with.

However I must firmly disagree with your rather drastic conclusion. I and others have paid for the right to play with multiple characters: and domination, done right, is really the only endgame activity worth playing. As long as alts aren’t in the same team, they each fight seperate battles and they cannot help eachother.

In fact, with the current raiding rules in place, alts who are not in the same team have no advantage over other characters, except for the fact that they’re generally controlled by players who know how to play the game. Who enjoy it. Please don’t take that awayLog in to see images!

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

SG94 Posted:

However I must firmly disagree with your rather drastic conclusion. I and others have paid for the right to play with multiple characters: and domination, done right, is really the only endgame activity worth playing. As long as alts aren’t in the same team, they each fight seperate battles and they cannot help eachother.

In fact, with the current raiding rules in place, alts who are not in the same team have no advantage over other characters, except for the fact that they’re generally controlled by players who know how to play the game. Who enjoy it. Please don’t take that awayLog in to see images!

Then I haven’t made my point clearly. (Which I’m not surprised about, BTW. Sigh.)

Here’s what I mean: PlayerA has alts A1, A2, A3, etc. PlayerB has alts B1, B2, B3, etc.

A1 and B1 are both in Klan SceneTwoGamma. As such, when they find themselves on the same team, they agree on how to play that round so one of them wins and they do so. I see no problem with that.

A2 is in Klan MentalMatterCold and B2 is in Klan GroupSmallVan. One week, they find themselves on the same Dom Team. They know they’re alts of A1 and B1, and use the relationship those two characters have to play this round so one of them wins. This is where I have the problem.

A2 and B2, as “characters”, have no relation with each other. For them to work together strikes me as wrong, and an unfair advantage, and this is what I’m referring to.

I am in a unique position to see this behavior, as I can see alts. And I can tell you that this does occur. I’m not going to naming names, though, because I don’t feel that’s germaine to this discussion, which is conceptual rather than targetted.

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

eh, the alts just make it so it takes less people to get an ‘impressive’ result. i guess that means you need less coordination among different people, so it makes raiding easier, but its not a 1 for 1 buying medals sort of thing. there is simply more to it.

if alts were really the problem, mc banhammer (and SG94,) would be doing better in dom, since they each have a horde of alts of their own. Since it also requires time and effort to use those alts effectively, it means the correlation between BP expenditures and medals is not as linear as both banhammer and SG94 want to make it out.

I do agree that alts shouldn’t be in the same bracket. that’s ridiculous, but expecting clanmates to not help each other with their alts is also ridiculous. the fact that these alts in other brackets are restricted to solo scoop counts makes them no more of a threat than other players.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

MC Banhammer Posted:

A2 and B2, as “characters”, have no relation with each other. For them to work together strikes me as wrong, and an unfair advantage, and this is what I’m referring to.

you expect people to RP in dom? pacts aren’t between character and character, they’re between person and person.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

Pickled male reproductive organbum Posted:

if alts were really the problem, mc banhammer (and SG94,) would be doing better in dom

Just because not everyone uses the edge alts give you, doesn’t mean it’s not there.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

i’m not saying it doesn’t give an advantage, but that advantage is on the orginizational or “cat-herding” level, not on a direct 1 alt = 12 scoops level. A large clan with as many active raiders* as we have alts would get the same results. Unfortunately with a declining player base, that large clan appears to no longer be a possible reality.

the only reason it looks like “buying medals” is because the one “big clan,” brainfreeze, that was competing with us stopped doing so.

* Also organization, aka headsets

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

It’s a little insane to ask any character not to work with any other character if they wish to – that is a fundamental strategy in the game. I can’t see any good reason that any of them shouldn’t work together if they want to. Whether they are in klan together or in different klans, just doesn’t matter. I try to keep track of who is who, who is an alt – I consider it necessary for competitive play.

I’ve thought about leaving alts out of Dom altogether as well, but I have a sneaking suspicion that over 50% of the characters actively participating would suddenly be gone. Outside those unmedaled brackets there are some single players going, but there are a lot of alts. Banhammer can see alts, I’m sure if he went and looked he would see that a really large number of Dom players are the same people (and I’m not just talking E2B – even solo players have alts that they play actively in Dom.)

I do very much agree that some permanent solution to alts from the same player in the same bracket needs to happen. It’s one level of play if I decide to help a fellow klannie, it’s a whole different matter when I can help myself. So far this week all the top brackets already have multiple alts. PDB, SG94 and Vuron haven’t done anything to get any of theirs in bracket yet. Most of Brainfreeze hasn’t. Once those players alts pick up a scoop, I’m willing to bet at least the top 8 – 10 brackets have multiple alts from single players.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!