Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Fun Tabletop Geekery That Is NOT D&D

ben-xo

[Team Shortbus]

Level 33 Troll

“Permafail”

IWILL****ONYOU Posted:

OMG LEIK D n D IS TOO EPIC. I LIEK TO HAVE BUTSECKS WIF TEH DRAGONS!!!!!!11

That’s hardly a “tabletop game” unless by dragons you meant children.

Mortanius

[The Fondler of Bal-
lsacks
]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Hmmmmmmmmm having sex with kids in dragon costumes…. Why didn’t I think of that?

Bigguyinblack

[Mock TSB]

Level 10 Troll

i'm so lonely... i have no friends... plz help...

Deadlands is the best RPG and one of the best CCGs I ever played. At least until that stupid “Killed by a mountain lion” ****.

Bigguyinblack edited this message on 04/09/2008 7:29PM

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

LizTheShiz Posted:

Anyone play Munchkin?

Since day one. Still have the original box set. That & Lunch Money got me & my mates through some boring nights.

Heat Seeking-
Moisture Mi-
ssile

Avatar: Heat Seeking Moisture Missile's Avatar

Level 10 Troll

AKA Throbbing Thrill Hammer, Rod of God, and male reproductive organ

LizTheShiz Posted:

Anyone play Munchkin?

Now THAT is a funny game, it doesn’t really play out all that well, the game needs some tweaks, but damn it’s funny

blanksuspect

[Le Guild]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Alternity (specifically Dark*Matter) is probably the best i’ve ever played. Munchkin, Paranoia, All Flesh Must Be Eaten and Star Wars D20 are other big favorites. I’m actually participating in a D&D session currently (after not having played in years) and it’s still kinda fun. I enjoy more present day settings where geography/history isn’t such a burden and can be molded to fit a game. Anything sci-fi/paranormal does it for me as well.

I’ve played GURPS and, to be honest, it seems a bit broken in the sense of min/maxing, but I’m sure there’s a way to go about things to solve that problem.

daisy_fungus

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I play the “Pride and Prejudice” game with my Jane Austen peeps. Log in to see images!

crotchbiter_-
the_flaccid

Level 22 Troll

“Dick in a Box”

The best Fantasy RPG I ever played is a set of unpublished house rules. The setting is a world called Domar, where men have long since been replaced by the anthropomorphic Gensa. (Yeah, my GM’s totally a closet Log in to see images!, but trust me, the game is excellent.)

The game rules, of course, have changed over time, but then again so has D&D. It uses minimal dice rolling for resolution: Describe in detail HOW you’re casting the spell, and it’s a lot more likely to have the effect you want. When you need to roll, it’s roll #stat+skill+1 d6s and count only the best #skill+1 (Kind of like 7th sea roll-and-keep, but without explosions and skill is more important.)

If you’re interested in following my group’s exploits, we play online at http://rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=29004&gn=Domar:+Age+of+the+Awakening&date=1208138450. Sorry, but the game is full right now.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

fenk the evil midnight stabber Posted:

Now THAT is a funny game, it doesn’t really play out all that well, the game needs some tweaks, but damn it’s funny

You do realize there are like a dozen expansion (including additional genres like Sci-Fi, Horror, etc.) for Munchkin.

Marcos El Ma-
lo

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

daisy_fungus Posted:

I play the “Pride and Prejudice” game with my Jane Austen peeps. Log in to see images!

Last night I played UR MOM. Then I beat her with the tabletop.

Mortanius

[The Fondler of Bal-
lsacks
]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Acid Flux Posted:

You do realize there are like a dozen expansion (including additional genres like Sci-Fi, Horror, etc.) for Munchkin.

Not to mention that there are sets with blank cards, which you can fill out. How much more tweaky can it get?

Nymall

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Lol… this is entertaining…

Work too much these days… We play some D20 modern… occasionally we have a campaign in 3rd ed. or star wars(complete house rules)... lmao…

daisy_fungus

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Marcos El Malo Posted:

Last night I played UR MOM. Then I beat her with the tabletop.

Heh, heh – that’s kind of funny. I can just see the ashes poofing all over the place! Log in to see images!

Tervez

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Biff Tannen Posted:

That is clbumified infomation citizen.

Ah-HA! So how do you know of it, you Communist Mutant traitor?

ScreamOfCons-
ciousness

[Arsenal of Ninjacr-
acy
]

Level 16 Emo Kid

“Crybaby”

I picked up some of the sourcebooks for Paranoia, would love to play it, but haven’t yet.

Munchkin is awesome. Munchkinthulu is evil.

Anyone ever play Lunchmoney?

blanksuspect

[Le Guild]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

ScreamOfConsciousness Posted:

Anyone ever play Lunchmoney?

Yep, used to actually play it during lunch through high school and during gaming breaks. I want to pick up the expansion and beer money at some point to flesh it out some more.

Along those same lines, anyone for Mag*Blast? Another awesome card game.

LOLBags

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 66 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

These are best: Mage: the Awakening, In Nomine, Paranoia, Scion, and Wraith.

These are bester: Dogs in the Vineyard, Cold City, Polaris, Don’t Rest Your Head, Shock, and Agon.

These are bestest: Nobilis, Unknown Armies, and Lacuna.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!