Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Politics For lack of talk pages (hint hint): Some wiki-related discussion on Cred (SPOILERS)

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

I just fired up excel to make myself a spreadsheet to calculate cred numbers for forums a bit quicker, but I see the numbers that I calculated using the formula on the List of Forums page are a bit off from the data already present. Am I missing something? Anyway here’s a screenshot of what I got now:

EDIT: I’ve answered my own question a couple of posts down. Leaving this one up as is so Pickled male reproductive organbum’s reply still makes sense.

DEAD FAGGOT edited this message on 08/06/2008 9:42AM

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

yeah, i know denture is off, I guess the other original forums are too? I know the formula works for new forums, but I think they were rounding differently for the episode 1 forums.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

A while back I updated a number of thread counts at once, but never got around to updating the cred totals (then totally forgot about it) so that’ll be a contributing factor if they’ve not been revised in the meantime.

DEAD fabulous person

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

I came up with the correct av cred formula… I think.

max = maximum threads

min = minimum threads

N = number of threads

C = base cred

i = the number of times the cred bonus is applied

The weird looking brackets indicate the floor function (rounding down): this is where the rounding takes place and where my formula is supposed to improve on what’s out there now. To calculate the cred earned at a certain number of threads (for max cred), just use the part enclosed in the large parentheses. The big E-like symbols are best explained by googling sigma notation.

I suck at programming so I haven’t been able to test it thoroughly and I’m also not wasting visits right now, but this formula confirms 61 cred on Denture Chat as well as 44,172 cred on 11 threads of Faux News.

Btw the actual impact of this stuff is crazy minimal but I have hopes that it will get exact results. Average cred can still be calculated with the old cred formula to a high degree of accuracy, if you actually average over all possible thread counts.

Now point out my emberrbuming typo or whatever.

DEAD FAGGOT edited this message on 08/06/2008 9:55AM

BirdofPrey

Avatar: 2037 Sun May 10 02:46:48 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I lick her up afterwards (After her great times session too! Yum!)

cool avatar. cave story is tight.

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

good work, problem is you can’t jam that one into calculator.exe

DEAD fabulous person

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

The formula obviously simplifies to the known cred formula for cases where C mod 5 = 0. In other cases, my formula chips off a few points of cred from the old calculations. The entire thing, which may look daunting to those who aren’t too geeky, translated into English:

The old cred formula applies, except that cred bonuses will always be rounded down at every thread pwned.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

U don’t need the avg cred. Max is more important.

And I just managed to sneak up on ya on the leaderboard Log in to see images!

DEAD fabulous person

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

quangntenemy Posted:

U don’t need the avg cred. Max is more important.

And I just managed to sneak up on ya on the leaderboard Log in to see images!

No real sneaking, I’ve given that board up a while ago with the ever-increasing number of DML trolls. But congrats.

I also feel av cred is useless, anyone who cares about cred will want to max it anyway. But it seems everyone is abiding by one note left by god knows who on the wiki, that max cred info would be “too spoilery”Log in to see images! Maybe we should leave out the cred bonus (not really useful and a derived number anyway) and add a max cred column?

DEAD fabulous person

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

BirdofPrey Posted:

cool avatar. cave story is tight.

Nillo gave it to me. We’ll see how long it will be til someone pranks me againLog in to see images! (I generally leave prank avis up unless they’re supergay).

banana

[I Liek Mudkipz]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

In short: If you wish to max out your cred pwn the toughest forum over and over and over

or am I missing something here?

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

banana Posted:

In short: If you wish to max out your cred pwn the toughest forum over and over and over

or am I missing something here?

aka PrayPal or Faux if you’re a DML Troll.

DEAD fabulous person

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

quangntenemy Posted:

I just managed to sneak up on ya on the leaderboard Log in to see images!

And now you’re banned. Although that’s just a coincidence.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Yeah coincidence.

But looked like DML Trolls are overpowered.

They caught up with us so fast.

quangntenemy edited this message on 08/10/2008 8:54PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!