Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Flezz are there rewards for doing the "good" thing

KaNaShImI__b-
LuE

Level 8 Emo Kid

“Scene Kid”

Whenever getting a choice to give information and do the the typical right thing in the storyline, it seems there will be more missions and more flezz by doing the evil, mischievous thing. Are there missions and rewards for doing the right thing? Or is the story linear?

Halberd

[Emo Is The Lonelie-
st Number
]

Level 34 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Sucking up to the NPCs will occasionally net you a reward, but being male reproductive organs to them has no negative consequences.

Currently it seems that it’s impossible to miss out on a mission or a flezz reward, though. If you try refusing to do the last mission, it eventually just gives you the single option of saying “You know what, **** it, I realize that the only way to progress the game is to stop being such a woman's genitals. I’ll do it!”

So, say and do whatever you want, there’s no downside to it – yet.

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Halberd Posted:

Sucking up to the NPCs will occasionally net you a reward, but being male reproductive organs to them has no negative consequences.

Currently it seems that it’s impossible to miss out on a mission or a flezz reward, though. If you try refusing to do the last mission, it eventually just gives you the single option of saying “You know what, **** it, I realize that the only way to progress the game is to stop being such a woman's genitals. I’ll do it!”

So, say and do whatever you want, there’s no downside to it – yet.

There is, however, a distinct advantage to betrayal and being a general bumhole. For instance, in the Doctor O scenario, you only get the special reward if you choose to betray Shallow. It’s a shame that doing “the right thing” doesn’t get you any rewards, but that’s the way it is in real life, though, isn’t it?

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

I think with episode 2 we’ll try and have more distinct plot lines based on your choices (both good and bad), also clbum specific missions!

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Evil Trout Posted:

I think with episode 2 we’ll try and have more distinct plot lines based on your choices (both good and bad), also clbum specific missions!

Sweet. Any spoilers on what alignment system we’re looking at here? Is it a purely good/bad scale or one of those multi-axial systems that shift in any dimension depending on your actions?

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

eponymous_ennui Posted:

Evil Trout Posted:

Sweet. Any spoilers on what alignment system we’re looking at here? Is it a purely good/bad scale or one of those multi-axial systems that shift in any dimension depending on your actions?

Right now it’s strictly good/bad. What other dimensions did you have in mind?

Clbum-specific ones would make sense, but I don’t know what else would be appropriate. Liberal/conservative might come into play, or your allegiance to certain characters…but that stuff doesn’t figure heavily into the game yet.

Zenzirouj

[Didactic Existenti-
alism Dilettantes
]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I wish to roll a chaotic evil libertarian character anything less will ruin my immersion tia

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

Right now it’s strictly good/bad. What other dimensions did you have in mind?

Clbum-specific ones would make sense, but I don’t know what else would be appropriate. Liberal/conservative might come into play, or your allegiance to certain characters…but that stuff doesn’t figure heavily into the game yet.

I don’t really have anything in mind, but someone once mentioned somewhere a Smart/Stupid scale in addition to the Good/Bad (or maybe Liberal/Conservative) scale. I thought that was a particularly ingenious suggestion, personally: it not only parodies the D&D system, but also allows for more options for characters to progress into.

What’s more, with such a bi-axial alignment system, you can also give character bonuses and penalties depending on their alignment. For instance, a Mildly Clever Liberal Troll may gain bonuses when making flames but deal less damage with his Re-Re-esque attacks. The opposite would hold true for, say, a Lobotomised Conservative Emo Kid.

Of course there’s also the whole option of what we call “prestige clbumes” in D&D, or additional clbumes that you progress into after meeting certain conditions. The Mildly Clever Troll mentioned above may be able to progress into “Scathing Poster” with a speciality in flaming, but he won’t be able to take the “Keyboard Banger” sub-clbum because he’s too intelligent.

ARMERICA****-
YEAH

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Armok’s balls, what would you port the most very special mechanic in DND into your game? Log in to see images!

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

ARMERICA****YEAH Posted:

Armok’s balls, what would you port the most very special mechanic in DND into your game?

Because it’s very special and fun! Log in to see images!

Nillerz

Level 5 Troll

“Slightly Unpleasant Individual”

there should be good/bad rewards. so if your an evil jackbum on the internets, you get a prize of having a loli or something.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!