Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Ugly Yet another crazy MC Banhammer idea to nerf klan vanilla

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

This idea came to me when I realized that real forums often have a lot of people visiting them at a time. So it doesn’t make sense that after every post while you’re pwning them, there’s only one person coming back at you.

What if the forums attacked you as they do now, and then again every five or ten seconds later as well, until you “respond”, resetting their timer?

That would simulate reality a bit, and nerf klan vanilla by making anchors much harder to maintain.

Mind you, never having participated in an anchor raid, I have no idea how this would work in practicality. So again, I throw it out for discussion.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Would need a rebalance that would affect not only Domination, but grinding in general.

Also would screw people new to the game.

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 50390 Tue May 26 17:55:44 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

if it makes it harder for single raiders and smaller klans, then bad idea.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Fran Posted:

Also would screw people new to the game.

Why do you feel that way? I don’t remember timing attacks ever being an issue.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

We need nothing more than an incentive to destroy at this point. I destroy for the joy, but I think more people would jump on the bandwagon if there was a reward potential beyond having fun annoying your fellow gamers.

http://www.forumwarz.com/domination/show_team/1

Cleanliness is next to godliness and this bracket is sparkling! Log in to see images!

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

MC Banhammer Posted:

Why do you feel that way? I don’t remember timing attacks ever being an issue.

Forumwarz is meant to be a casual game. Not everyone has the time and will to do speedruns to avoid multiple attacks. On my PoV, PrayPal grinding would be much worse if I didn’t chat on IDC/IRC/Gtalk while grinding it. With attacks every 5~10 seconds, that wouldn’t be possible anymore.

The idea is not really bad for Domination, but it won’t affect only Domination. New players would require more consumables to pwn forums equal to their level. Not everyone can 1-shot threads.

IE this wouldn’t affect Domination by a lot.

Fran edited this message on 08/04/2008 11:19AM

tame

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I don’t like the idea. I usually take my time when I’m grinding. Also, I’m kinda on call, so if I’m in the middle of grinding, and I need to run somewhere for a little while, I don’t wanna come back half an hour later and find myself dead.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Hm, okay. What if it only happened if you were active in a raid?

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

MC Banhammer Posted:

Hm, okay. What if it only happened if you were active in a raid?

Then I agree with it. Since you want to nerf klan vanilla…

tame

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Sitting with one thread left to pwn, waiting for your klan’s dom count to go down to 11, could take a while. Wouldn’t you get eaten alive just for doing nothing? With the turn-based element changed to real-time, it’d be unfair for the forums to damage you at any time without being able to heal at any time.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

tame Posted:

Sitting with one thread left to pwn, waiting for your klan’s dom count to go down to 11, could take a while. Wouldn’t you get eaten alive just for doing nothing? With the turn-based element changed to real-time, it’d be unfair for the forums to damage you at any time without being able to heal at any time.

Well you could heal, that’s part of the deal. So it would cost you to anchor, which is the whole idea.

tame

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

If it would only affect someone in a raid, they could just have non-raiding klannies take anchors, then they could join afterward.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Well I also don’t think that klan membership should be changeable during a raid.

tame

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Not leaving and joining the klan (which, yea, boo that), I mean joining a raid while it’s in progress. Someone not in the raid grabs an anchor, thus not getting time damage. Then afterward, they could just join the raid and reap the benefits.

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

scullyangel Posted:

We need nothing more than an incentive to destroy at this point. I destroy for the joy, but I think more people would jump on the bandwagon if there was a reward potential beyond having fun annoying your fellow gamers.

http://www.forumwarz.com/domination/show_team/1

Cleanliness is next to godliness and this bracket is sparkling! Log in to see images!

that was p. impressive

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

MC Banhammer Posted:

Well I also don’t think that klan membership should be changeable during a raid.

That alone would halve the number of scoops it’s possible to obtain (in a reasonable time period that is)

It’s a known fact that klan raiding is pretty darned easy at the moment (certainly easier than solo raiding) I wouldn’t mind some measure to make it more interesting and/or challenging, just as long as it’s an idea that’s playable and fun.

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 08/04/2008 4:01PM

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Pickled male reproductive organbum Posted:

that was p. impressive

Thank you. Didn’t know if I’d be able to make it mainly due to Velveteen. I ended up having to use Mods to get more destruction. And now some inconsiderate people have put like 4 scoops back, so I need to go kill those.

scully edited this message on 08/04/2008 7:36PM

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

scullyangel Posted:

Thank you. Didn’t know if I’d be able to make it mainly due to Velveteen. I ended up having to use Mods to get more destruction. And now some inconsiderate people have put like 4 scoops back, so I need to go kill those.

Not my fault my logo is doing well on Buildr ><

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!