Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Shock Watching EB2 raid

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

So it was known from the beginning that there still is a big loophole in the rule changes? Oh my…

Raiders like PD and Ricket made despite the changes more than 500 scoops this week, that’s about twice as much as a solo player who has saved visits could make and the weakened bumhole makes is almost impossible to bring them down.

Still, the change to 8 vanillas for solo players helped a lot, but on the other side it even increased the worth of vanilla scoops over all other flavours, so it imbalanced the scoop distribution further. I doubt that the chocolates for Incit wins made a comparable impact.

The good thing so far is, that the lower brackets are untroubled by raider alts with vanilla towers. (Though there are exceptions), so the biggest frustration for the majority of players is eliminated. The changes are definitely a step in the right direction.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

I make the maximum possible earnings for a solo raiding with saved visits to be somewhere between 400-500 (that’s all scoop flavours)

For the record;

216 vanilla for 3 vanilla runs earning 72 scoops each

91 pistachio for a run of 40

120 lemon for speedrunning all 40 forums (I know this can’t be achieved yet, but that’s the optimal amount)

35 antifreeze

An uncapped amount of chocolate earned from Incit and Forumbuildr

Nothing stopping a klanned player doing the same though. Klan raid but don’t use visits, then solo raid later with the player who is joined to the raid.

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 07/30/2008 3:04PM

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

Amasius Posted:

So it was known from the beginning that there still is a big loophole in the rule changes? Oh my…

its not a loophole, its known functionality. you have the wrong idea about what the intended changes were for. the one alt per raid was to eliminate alt towers (and you observed that it works,) not alt raiding. (theres a seperate suggestion in the other thread for that)

that you feel raiding should work differently is an entirely different issue.

P.S. the pusher didn’t participate in any Ep2Beta raids this week.

Pickled Dickbutt edited this message on 07/30/2008 3:06PM

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

I don’t think it’s a loophole — I’m pretty sure we discussed this scenario with bingebot when he came to one of our raids. You have to choose between sacrificing the the scoops on your alts in favor of your main or you have more characters with a moderate amount of scoops. Otherwise, what incentive is there to have alts?

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

plk Posted:

Otherwise, what incentive is there to have alts?

To play through Ep 1 in multiple ways, experiencing all that Episode 1 can give you. Not everything’s about Dom.

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

Of course it’s my slow bum that someone catches. Log in to see images!

Edit: Oh, also.

Amasius Posted:

Raiders like PD and Ricket made despite the changes more than 500 scoops this week

Those 8 vanilla scoops for solo players certainly helped my totals out. Log in to see images! Ricket edited this message on 07/30/2008 3:13PM

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

MC Banhammer Posted:

To play through Ep 1 in multiple ways, experiencing all that Episode 1 can give you. Not everything’s about Dom.

what incentive is there to have more than 4 alts? (though really, whose gonna play through all the clbumes? I have over a dozen alts, and still haven’t played through on emo, nor do I desire to)

Pickled Dickbutt edited this message on 07/30/2008 3:10PM

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

MC Banhammer Posted:

If you’ve seen it once, you’ve seen most of the content. Dom is imo the only consistently interesting, constantly changing part of the game.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Pickled male reproductive organbum Posted:

what incentive is there to have more than 4 alts?

That wasn’t the original question Log in to see images!

But, I can come up with answers: Trying different builds out going through Ep 1. Role-playing on Flamebate. Participating in multiple klans. Submitting more Forumbuildr entries per week. Trying out Illegal Game Enhancement.

I have 8 alts, and will get more when the new clbumes come out in Ep 2. I have never raided using my alts as a strategy. Not everything is about Domination.

EDIT (because all the cool kids were doing it while I was writing this): I’ve played through as each of the clbumes, twice. Trying different options to tweak alignment, seeing how different attacks and strategies played out for the strengths/weaknesses of the clbumes, etc.

MC Banhammer edited this message on 07/30/2008 3:15PM

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

what incentive is there to have more than 4 alts? (though really, whose gonna play through all the clbumes? I have over a dozen alts, and still haven’t played through on emo, nor do I desire to)

Choosing a ‘good’ or ‘evil’ path, if that has any effect in future, or a re-re/other clbum combo. Roleplaying. Joke alts. Reserving names you might want to use in future (expensive though)

Velveteen

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

man, if anyone knows how to get that evil path, please update the wiki. all the alts i’ve tried with I’ve never managed it.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

MC Banhammer Posted:

That wasn’t the original question Log in to see images!

But, I can come up with answers: Trying different builds out going through Ep 1. Role-playing on Flamebate. Participating in multiple klans. Submitting more Forumbuildr entries per week. Trying out Illegal Game Enhancement.

I have 8 alts, and will get more when the new clbumes come out in Ep 2. I have never raided using my alts as a strategy. Not everything is about Domination.

EDIT (because all the cool kids were doing it while I was writing this): I’ve played through as each of the clbumes, twice. Trying different options to tweak alignment, seeing how different attacks and strategies played out for the strengths/weaknesses of the clbumes, etc.

different strokes for different folks I guess. not everything is about dom, but this thread certainly is. Log in to see images!

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

Velveteen Posted:

man, if anyone knows how to get that evil path, please update the wiki. all the alts i’ve tried with I’ve never managed it.

Suggestion: try reading instead of putting false information on pages.

Velveteen

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Arktor Posted:

Suggestion: try reading instead of putting false information on pages.

Looking at the history, i never added the information, just made it more readable. infact all the information added (false or otherwise) was mostly added by you. so what are you getting at?

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

I make the maximum possible earnings for a solo raiding with saved visits to be somewhere between 400-500 (that’s all scoop flavours)

For the record;

216 vanilla for 3 vanilla runs earning 72 scoops each

91 pistachio for a run of 40

120 lemon for speedrunning all 40 forums (I know this can’t be achieved yet, but that’s the optimal amount)

35 antifreeze

An uncapped amount of chocolate earned from Incit and Forumbuildr

Nothing stopping a klanned player doing the same though. Klan raid but don’t use visits, then solo raid later with the player who is joined to the raid.

That’s what I’ve calculated too, (though you can make 224 vanilla) but that’s just the theoretical maximum, it’s not realistic that a player can make that much. Also it’s impossible to calculate a theoretical maximum for vanilla earned in raids, the bigger the klan the more you can get.

—-

its not a loophole, its known functionality. you have the wrong idea about what the intended changes were for. the one alt per raid was to eliminate alt towers (and you observed that it works,) not alt raiding. (theres a seperate suggestion in the other thread for that)

that you feel raiding should work differently is an entirely different issue.

Well, I thought the changes were made to balance domination, seems I was wrong…

The outcome in the top bracket is always the same, only a handful of players have a realistic chance to get any medals and it’s very unlikely that it will change this week. Ok – those people are excellent dom players, no doubt about that, but the only way to get medals is to participate in all raids from the beginning to the end. It’s still impossible to compensate otherwise.

I’m surprised that your klanmates don’t revolt – most of them don’t have a realistic chance to get any medals if they are in the top bracket (and half of the top bracket is E2B) but they can’t attack you either. No medals, no fun – what’s in for them?

—-

Ricket Posted:

Of course it’s my slow bum that someone catches. Log in to see images!

Oh, I think I have now a complete list of all the alts you and PD used in the raid. Log in to see images!

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

Velveteen Posted:

Looking at the history, i never added the information, just made it more readable. infact all the information added (false or otherwise) was mostly added by you. so what are you getting at?

11 03/27/2008 10:07PM Pickled male reproductive organbum doesn’t work, there has to be more to it.

(There is other conversation stuff before this necessary to become evil, this alone will not make you evil)

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

so, in your concept of balance, what should be accomplished with a raid? If solo players were meant to be completely compeditive against raiders, then what would be the point in raiding? Why not just get rid of clan vanilla all together?

as i mentioned earlier, the result isn’t a revolt against the clan, after all the clan is still necessary to get the raid scoops, the result is clanmates just lose interest in the games. Binge has suggested some suitable solutions to that problem in other places.

Velveteen

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Arktor Posted:

stuff

thats still an accurate statement, though your clarification was nice about how 7% evil – 7% good shows up as neutral. Such information was not available to me since I hadn’t hax’d the alignment stuff. that statement will still be accurate until the guide shows how to become 8% evil. otherwise its a guide to still being neutral.

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

so, in your concept of balance, what should be accomplished with a raid? If solo players were meant to be completely compeditive against raiders, then what would be the point in raiding?

What’s the point in gambling for antifreeze? More scoops gives you an edge over another player. Even five scoops a day gives you an edge. You don’t need twice as many scoops to be competitive, do you?

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

Velveteen Posted:

thats still an accurate statement, though your clarification was nice about how 7% evil – 7% good shows up as neutral. Such information was not available to me since I hadn’t hax’d the alignment stuff. that statement will still be accurate until the guide shows how to become 8% evil. otherwise its a guide to still being neutral.

Who said anything about haxing the alignment stuff? stop trolling; the fact of the matter is, I created a page showing one action that would make you evil. You edited that page to say that it didn’t work.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!