Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Web Games Domination stall spamming? Posting Peeping Toms? Hot or Not? A simple suggestion to let the community decide for themselves.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

There have been some complaints about ****posting on domination stalls. While I get that that is pretty ****ing annoying at times, any sort of rule about it would require precious mod/admin time to uphold, which is why I’m against that. However, we can introduce self-regulation by a very simple change.

Disable anonymous dom stall posting.

Because if you want to talk ****, you better own up and face the consequences. Like to tell the team how many shotguns I have? Chances are, they’ll be all yours. Plus I’m pretty sure anon posters are all fat cowards who haven’t touched a woman's genitals since birth anyway.

Discuss.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I support this, mainly because I don’t post anon. unless some one has specifically asked me to peep someone and post it. Overall, I find the whole anonymous thing pretty lame.

Also, anyone serious is not going to use all their offensives against the person who posted the info on their hand unless they aren’t actually playing for medals that week. You use them on whoever you need to take out if you are playing to win, regardless of who is annoying you. Revenge is a dish best served cold, when your target is in the lead and not expecting you to unload every single card you have on them. Preferably far enough in the distance so they are confused about why you are targeting them and send a tubmail asking why why why. Log in to see images!

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

Agreed.

LeFox

[RULES SO MUCH IT H-
URTS
]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I concur. Disable anonymous posting. This is a game about trolling for ****’s sake, man up people.

elenaratelim-
it

Avatar: 24791 2010-03-21 18:12:06 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

I agree… anonymous post = limpwrist/skurred

CoreyJess

Avatar: 2355 2015-02-10 15:56:06 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Pie cannot hide overwhelming naughtiness!

After consideration, and watching some of the stalls over the last day, I’ve changed my mind. Anonymous posts do have their uses, spamming just shouldn’t be one of them.

CoreyJess edited this message on 07/30/2008 10:39PM

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Signed

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Signed with reservations. I like that there is a level of paranoia/lateral thinking/false accusations/anonymous backstabbing/false information/etc etc, and these would all be lost with the loss of anonymous posting. What that means is weaker players can’t play stronger players off against each other, and other such tactics (something I used extensively when I started playing dom Log in to see images! meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 07/29/2008 5:35PM

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

What that means is weaker players can’t play stronger players off against each other, and other such tactics.

Could you give an example?

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

its fun to read an anonymous false card count on the stall, for instance this week someone posted an interesting hand for gamble-bot 3000, who has no cards.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Arktor Posted:

Could you give an example?

No, no specific examples that I recollect. Just obvious tactics – false information mixed together with real information (or real information presented in a way that makes it seem unreliable) coordinating players together if they’re being lazy and so on.

There’s not a whole lot of depth to dom strategy at the moment, but the anon thing at least adds the possibility of layers.

If there were a technical fix for spamming I’d be all for it (e.g. no more than two posts by one person in a row) With that, I don’t think the posting of players hands would be a good enough reason on its own to lose the anon option.

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 07/29/2008 6:09PM

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

Not signed stop being so whiny

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

NOT SIGNED

crayoncakes

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

To Earthend and beyond!

Keep anon posting, please.

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

crayoncakes Posted:

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

crayoncakes Posted:

Really anon posting is a part of the strategy.

While it is possible to abuse it to post peeping toms, there’s no guarantee about the correctness of the post.

You can post fake things to drive the game your way.

Biff Weasley

Avatar: 2174 Wed Nov 05 00:04:24 -0500 2008

Level 19 Troll

bumhead

Damn I thought I was in Whiny ****es there for a moment. And no.

Orb

Avatar: 33233 Tue Oct 21 12:46:08 -0400 2008

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

I agree with doing away with Anonymous posting, but I think revealing Peeping Toms is fair. If you want to arise the ire of the person you reveal, that’s your decision. Plus, it allows for strategies like ****ing off someone so you become a target, and allow a friend to win.

iIRZ

[Team Shortbus]

Level 7 Troll

iIRZ is a funny fine upstanding member of society, which is to say that he did WTC and your mom

maybe you should get a new hobby. i keep a tropical fish tank for example

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

It doesn’t seem like anon posting was required for someone to spam the **** out of the top bracket.

No to your suggestion, ‘cause it doesn’t stop spam, and posting someone’s hand isn’t an issue as far as I’m concerned.

Ricket edited this message on 07/30/2008 11:04PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!