Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Fun Suggestion: idea creator gets automatic entries

Vandalist

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

The submitter of a winning idea should get one entry into his own forum for each of: enemies, titles, posts, and replies. The special subs would be guaranteed to get in, but earn no chocolate scoops, and don’t count towards forumbuildr peen.

Echuu

Avatar: 6433 Tue Jul 21 22:01:07 -0400 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

I like this suggestion.

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

I don’t.

1.) Sometimes the person who successfully submitted a forum idea isn’t around anymore

2.) Someone who submitted an Forumbuildr idea and wants to get e-peens and chocolates wouldn’t submit his best most promising ideas for the free entries, so some stuff would made it in that probably wouldn’t otherwise. Someone who had an forum idea isn’t necessarily good at doing typical posts, replies etc.

Vandalist

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I think their sense of ownership would keep them from submitting crap. Maybe the submissions wouldn’t make it in by votes, but a creator should be entitled to instill in his forum at least a little bit of his or her vision.

and if they aren’t around anymore, then they don’t submit anything. where’s the harm in that?

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

Vandalist Posted:

I think their sense of ownership would keep them from submitting crap. Maybe the submissions wouldn’t make it in by votes, but a creator should be entitled to instill in his forum at least a little bit of his or her vision.

and if they aren’t around anymore, then they don’t submit anything. where’s the harm in that?

I have almost 20 submissions this week and I won’t even use half of them. I submit only stuff I like, but I also want some chocolates for them and the chance to get an e-peen.

If a forum idea submitter has cool ideas they’ll probably be voted in anyway. Ok, it’s almost impossible to guess the success of enemies but unlike the other categories the voting for titles, posts, and replies is relatively decent (because only the folks interested in this stuff vote, it’s to much work for most people) and the good stuff makes it.

Also the voting for forum ideas is… dubious to say at least.

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

I like the idea

if you don’t want to use them, you wouldn’t have to. you want scoops, submit for scoops.

alternatively, how about giving the creator the ability to “auto-in” any 1 submission from the given categories – usable on anyone’s entry, and unknown to the public until they play the forum. such a flag wouldn’t effect scoops, and if it is one of the person’s own entries, have it not effect the count for peen.

Pickled Dickbutt edited this message on 07/29/2008 2:08PM

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

People would put in really ****ty entries.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

Pickled male reproductive organbum Posted:

I like the idea

if you don’t want to use them, you wouldn’t have to. you want scoops, submit for scoops.

alternatively, how about giving the creator the ability to “auto-in” any 1 submission from the given categories – usable on anyone’s entry, and unknown to the public until they play the forum. such a flag wouldn’t effect scoops, and if it is one of the person’s own entries, have it not effect the count for peen.

Getting entries in by sucking up to a forum creator (because that would happen)? REALLY open to abuse.

Nillo

Avatar: 13243 2015-07-21 17:58:06 -0400

[COMPOSOLITION]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I suck dirty homeless guys male reproductive organs all night long

Without the voting process, what would stop them from just putting in a vanity message like “Nillo is really awesome and you should add him and send him BP”?

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

I downvote this idea. 5000 , epeen, and recognition are sufficient rewards.

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

Personally I think the creator shouldn’t be allowed to submit at all. It makes forums more of a community project.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!