Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Business Domination Enhancements Thread

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

Excellent. These changes alone will make Domination interesting again. You should update the Blog. Log in to see images!

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

tame Posted:

Then help out your underdogs. You’ve got enough medals already.

like teaching people how to raid? we tried that.

if you are suggesting we stop competing to let people win, well wheres the fun in that? also its pretty patronizing to let people win.

tame

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

Limited Trial

serious pickle is serious

BINGEBOT 2015

Avatar: 38 2010-12-05 22:39:25 -0500

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Pickled male reproductive organbum Posted:

also you had more raiding clans, with 12/12/12

heck even TSB was raiding. now all the fledgling raiders are back at a disadvantage.

the no ties thing might lead to fragmentation of clans, but that will foster an uncomfortable environment, turning friends against friends. more likely people will rather retain friendships, but lose interest in the game, eventually leaving all together.

Or we’ll just end up setting up a system where people get medals one week, and none the next. a trade off, which is pretty boring.

like i said, the way to increase competitiveness is to fix seeding such that there aren’t more than a few clanmates in a single bracket. and now that they have to focus on their mains, alt towers wont dominate the lower brackets. so hopefully other people will get enough medals to fill in the brackets.

Yeah we’ll see.. No ties may be a temporary thing. I see what you’re saying and think you that you may be right Log in to see images!

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

tame Posted:

serious pickle is serious

in this non-RP forum, yes.

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Stay on target topic

elenaratelim-
it

Avatar: 24791 2010-03-21 18:12:06 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

I raided for the first time with my alts and 1 friend and his alts this week just to try it out and see how it went… and by doing the 12/12/12 thing we managed 70 scoops. I think it makes raiding more accessible (both those things – not everyone is in a raiding klan so alts help).

Just sayin’.

elenaratelimit edited this message on 07/23/2008 1:12PM

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Pickled male reproductive organbum Posted:

like i said, the way to increase competitiveness is to fix seeding such that there aren’t more than a few clanmates in a single bracket.

That won’t increase competitiveness. Rather, the opposite. Because that suggestion will force all the heavy-raiders to be split among all (or most of) the brackets and limit even further the non-raiding people who currently don’t have to compete against them. And then they’ll give up even more frequently, meaning your heavy-raiding klan will get all the medals, putting that goal out of everyone else’s reach for good, effectively ending the game for everyone who’s not raiding with you.

Yes, I catastrophize. It’s what I do.

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

I imagine like domination itself this will be a work in progress. The new rules might be too much of a handicap or they might not be enough.

The card limit means that people can’t turtle up and then do a rapid deploy the last 20 minutes which has been a major complaint from people playing in non-US timezones. Yes it means that you are going to have to expose your scoops early throughout the week and maybe do a last minute pistachio/speedrun loop on wednesday but that’s kinda fun and interesting. In compensation we have weaker bumholes that can even be used as a method of beating down your competitor.

Mins and Fav Flava will likely be the medals people push for as max scoops will be the least predictable category.

The lack of ties means that either you risk alienating people in a push for 4 medals or you trade off periodically and attempt to add to your medal totals on every other or even every third week. On the weeks you aren’t competing for medals you will likely need to bumist your klan members in playing defense.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

MC Banhammer Posted:

That won’t increase competitiveness. Rather, the opposite. Because that suggestion will force all the heavy-raiders to be split among all (or most of) the brackets and limit even further the non-raiding people who currently don’t have to compete against them. And then they’ll give up even more frequently, meaning your heavy-raiding klan will get all the medals, putting that goal out of everyone else’s reach for good, effectively ending the game for everyone who’s not raiding with you.

I’d like to see smaller brackets with a more even distribution (which I think PD mentioned above). I was actually talking to a fellow klanmate yesterday in IRC about it – but coming from a totally different perspective. It’s flat out impossible for me to medal in the top bracket as it is now. 50% of that bracket is ep2beta. For a week or two, I was the *only* other raiding person in that bracket (at least that was actually attempting to win anything) – now I have two others. It’s still horribly unbalanced and has really killed my motivation to raid. (And pretty much the rest of our klan too)

(umm… not that I expect to medal every week by a long shot, but a chance of something more that 0% would be nice to have)

spacekadt edited this message on 07/23/2008 1:20PM

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

MC Banhammer Posted:

the fact that people refuse to step up isn’t what I’m talking about. That we dominate domination isn’t gonna change, until another faction decides to put in the effort. Log in to see images! (and like spacekadt said, they wont have to compete wit hthe entire clan) as it stands having us all in the same bracket may give people a chance in other brackets, but it decreases all competitiveness in our bracket.

what I mean is limiting ties doesn’t increase infra-clan competitiveness, it just decreases morale, and over all medal counts. Since we dominate the top bracket, we are forced to compete with ourselves, which isn’t any fun really, so instead we’ll just do the trade off thing above.

I mean is it more fun to watch a team play against themselves, or against another opponent? Is it more fun to go to football practice, or to play football against your rivals?

Pickled Dickbutt edited this message on 07/23/2008 1:21PM

tame

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I think these changes are interesting, but it still drives home the fact that dom is still a klan game. I lucked through my meager medals a long time ago, but anymore I just can’t get motivated to try. I’m curious what my odds are now that klan nillas got tweaked.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

the 12/12/12 didn’t change our scoop counts, just the time frame it took to get them.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Damn it all, the big one for solo players isn’t here. Log in to see images!

The card limit is a great step, it prevents that 100% security thing.

The medal reduction is also good. Might be too harsh, but realistically it will force a bracket structure change at least every couple of weeks, since you drop when you don’t medal.

Personally, I think The bumhole should still hit for ten, but if other ideas are put into play I can see why a slight nerf is in order.

I don’t know that this should be labeled “Vanilla Fix” as it won’t and it might really discourage those waiting for a solution if they think it’s intended to be the fix. Still, it is noted that it’s a trial, so hopefully everyone is a little mellow about things.

EDIT: Also, we had exactly 1 1/2 raids before the 12-12-12 method was let out, and I reported the method to BINGE as soon as it was discovered. Log in to see images!

scully edited this message on 07/23/2008 1:40PM

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

scullyangel Posted:

Damn it all, the big one for solo players isn’t here. Log in to see images!

The card limit is a great step, it prevents that 100% security thing.

The medal reduction is also good. Might be too harsh, but realistically it will force a bracket structure change at least every couple of weeks, since you drop when you don’t medal.

Personally, I think The bumhole should still hit for ten, but if other ideas are put into play I can see why a slight nerf is in order.

I don’t know that this should be labeled “Vanilla Fix” as it won’t and it might really discourage those waiting for a solution if they think it’s intended to be the fix. Still, it is noted that it’s a trial, so hopefully everyone is a little mellow about things.

EDIT: Also, we had exactly 1 1/2 raids before the 12-12-12 method was let out, and I reported the method to BINGE as soon as it was discovered. Log in to see images!

What is this “Vanilla Fix” you speak of? Log in to see images!

I’m just working on wording but I will edit my first post to reflect the other upcoming changes.

tame

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Ok.. now that klan raiding go tweaked.

Still, pickled, you’re imagining the collapse of entire klans resulting from these trial fixes. If it’s that serious, then yea, it’d suck to see the community decay into greedy chaos. I’m pretty confident, though, that you headseaters will stay alive.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

tame Posted:

Ok.. now that klan raiding go tweaked.

Still, pickled, you’re imagining the collapse of entire klans resulting from these trial fixes. If it’s that serious, then yea, it’d suck to see the community decay into greedy chaos. I’m pretty confident, though, that you headseaters will stay alive.

What’s wrong with greedy chaos? *bats eyelashes* Log in to see images!

elenaratelim-
it

Avatar: 24791 2010-03-21 18:12:06 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

I think keeping 12/12/12 is more of a fix than removing it if it would be known that could be done… and removing alts is a roadblock to those not in raiding klans that might still want to compete here and there. It pretty much might cripple the already huge raiding klans because they have the numbers to raid anyway otherwise – but it kills any other smaller klan straight out. Won’t be trying a raid this week with my alt[s] since it simply won’t be possible unless random people with visits magically appear and have a bunch of hours. Pistachio loops and lemons it is.

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Re-read my initial post. I made some adjustments.

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

Re-read my initial post. I made some adjustments.

Ha, awesome!

Amasius edited this message on 07/23/2008 3:10PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!