Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Fun Your thoughts on the latest updates?

fat

Avatar: 49759 Sun Oct 26 03:31:30 -0400 2008

Level 13 Permanoob

HI I is bum Ketchup an.. O SHI- I think my fatrolls killed teh pokeymans under me...

I like how haxlrose is free now. I can finally fix my emo kids build. Neve really used streaking on my other chars so that didn’t effect me much. What are your thoughts on the latest updates?

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

i like all of ‘em

Lord Shplane

Avatar: 49819 Fri Dec 05 01:45:00 -0500 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Troll

:)

I can’t find where it shows the other ones besides haxlrose.

Though I also like that one, spending a billion Flezz would have made me cry.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

I liked haxlrose.

I was surprised they fixed streaking so early. I thought the fix would come by EP2 only, hats off to Evil Trout.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

Lord Shplane Posted:

I can’t find where it shows the other ones besides haxlrose.

Though I also like that one, spending a billion Flezz would have made me cry.

http://blog.forumwarz.com/2008/7/23/site-updates-july-22

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

EDIT: I made a little mistake, I thought the ego penalty still rose with each forum entry even without engaging it. It seems this is no longer the case, though and I was stupid! Great news really!

DEAD FAGGOT edited this message on 07/23/2008 4:49AM

Death Mercha-
nt

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

The haxlrose change is extremely nice, I was too much of a cheapskate to have ever used him.

Pluvius

Avatar: 10089 2010-01-24 16:29:03 -0500

[ClansRGay]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

hrrrrrr

Pluvius edited this message on 07/23/2008 4:55AM

DEAD fabulous person

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

Death Merchant Posted:

The haxlrose change is extremely nice, I was too much of a cheapskate to have ever used him.

The old situation also put long time players at a severe disadvantage, I love this change. To be honest, all of this stuff really enhances my experience by a lot, can’t wait til I have the time to do some number crunching and test some new and wacky builds. This is also GREAT news for Emo kids who can really use this to fiddle around with different levels of ego during the course of a domination week! I’m thinking of starting some more of those.

DEAD fabulous person

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

Pluvius Posted:

Didn’t happen to me.

Hmm maybe my ego penalty was already at max without me realizing. I’ll check again.

EDIT: yup, turns out I was being dumb. Edited my other post as well.

DEAD FAGGOT edited this message on 07/23/2008 4:50AM

Pluvius

Avatar: 10089 2010-01-24 16:29:03 -0500

[ClansRGay]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

SG94 Posted:

The old situation also put long time players at a severe disadvantage, I love this change. To be honest, all of this stuff really enhances my experience by a lot, can’t wait til I have the time to do some number crunching and test some new and wacky builds. This is also GREAT news for Emo kids who can really use this to fiddle around with different levels of ego during the course of a domination week! I’m thinking of starting some more of those.

I like it in the sense of testing builds, but I don’t like it in the sense of actually playing the game. There should be real consequences for changing the fundamental traits of your character.

And yeah, what we really need right now is yet another way for catbumers to dominate Domination, this time by going with raid-oriented stats on game weeks and grind-oriented stats on non-game weeks.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

It pains me greatly to say it, but it seems that only half of the minrepair exploit has been fixed. I can still repair items to 1% at minimal expense and use them on forums.

How about just having a minimum % repaired requirement for equipped items, before they become effective for whichever forum you run? This could be gauged according to the difficulty of the forum.

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 07/23/2008 5:49AM

Laguna

Avatar: 49898 Sun Dec 28 00:52:49 -0500 2008

Level 35 Troll

I LOVE LAGUNA. I ALSO LOVE SUCKING FAT male reproductive organS.

Nice to see how long we’ve been banned for Log in to see images!

Adeptus

Avatar: 11389 Thu Oct 16 15:20:36 -0400 2008

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

It pains me greatly to say it, but it seems that only half of the minrepair exploit has been fixed. I can still repair items to 1% at minimal expense and use them on forums.

Is that even a bug, though? You’re either crippling yourself by not having any flezz, or spending ages purchasing a load of crap at a loss to get flezz amounts low enough to do this. Or am I missing something?

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

1. Don’t sell deliveries

2. Buy consumables until your flezz reaches 0

3. Buy items which generate enough cash to repair equipment to 1%. Repair before each forum visit (takes about the same time as streaking)

Then, if you need more consumables, sell some of your deliveries. There are no drawbacks.

This is of most value to Trolls, somewhat for Camwhores (you can equip Piltons all the time) and not much at all for Emos, who don’t have very high repair costs.

Oh, and the new Haxlrose change means that if you stock up on enough consumables, frugality isn’t needed for the majority of the time.

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 07/23/2008 9:15AM

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Adeptus Posted:

Is that even a bug, though? You’re either crippling yourself by not having any flezz, or spending ages purchasing a load of crap at a loss to get flezz amounts low enough to do this. Or am I missing something?

It still enables DML trolls to grind Faux News without any sort of appreciable cost to themselves (something no other clbum can do) yes it takes forever but for the most part the limited thread range of faux means you can run it whenever you want. These new fixes are largely aimed at preventing min repair and streaking thus any fix that fails to fully stop it only forces people to change their tactics slightly to achieve their goals.

Adeptus

Avatar: 11389 Thu Oct 16 15:20:36 -0400 2008

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Yeah, that’s pretty much the method I was thinking of. I know it’s reeeally not well balanced, but doesn’t that use completely legitimate techniques every step of the way? Hard to prevent that one.

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

Adeptus Posted:

Yeah, that’s pretty much the method I was thinking of. I know it’s reeeally not well balanced, but doesn’t that use completely legitimate techniques every step of the way? Hard to prevent that one.

Not really. The easiest fix would be for ET to say that it’s an exploit, and then monitor trolls who grind faux news (which isn’t many to begin with).

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

That would be an easy fix, but it wouldn’t be a very good fix (especially since there are better ideas on the table) And, it would probably cost more time in the end anyway, monitoring, dealing with banned users, lost custom, etc. It’s not an obvious ‘cheat’ so how would new players who stumble across this method of saving flezz be dealt with? Surprise auto-ban? That would have to be coded…

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

That would be an easy fix, but it wouldn’t be a very good fix (especially since there are better ideas on the table) And, it would probably cost more time in the end anyway, monitoring, dealing with banned users, lost custom, etc. It’s not an obvious ‘cheat’ so how would new players who stumble across this method of saving flezz be dealt with? Surprise auto-ban? That would have to be coded…

I think it is kind of obvious… I mean, it’s cheating t e system out of tens of thousands of flezz. And why surprise auto-ban? you could always give someone a warning.

It’s like klan-based voting. Even though you can do it with what’s available, it’s still obviously cheating.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!