Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout Scripting in Speedruns

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

It’s not a claim, it’s self evident. You snipped the rest of the paragraph where I went on to explain. I’m just considering the consequences of players using scripts, and then extending them to other areas of the game.

You never went on to explain. You made a prediction about what would happen. That’s not a reason, because it takes place in the future.

Edit: and is therefore indefinite (and improbable.)

Arktor edited this message on 07/24/2008 4:14PM

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Maybe. The only reasons I see it wouldn’t happen would be if the game never gets popular enough for the incentive to be there, or if it’s prevented. All of these actions could be automated. Someone would want to automate them – just because it’s a cool thing to do and consequences are for someone else to deal with. All you did was prove the concept, and thus open the box with the nasty things inside.

(I wrote more but it was just more stating the obvious and tl;dr)

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 07/24/2008 5:36PM

Pluvius

Avatar: 10089 2010-01-24 16:29:03 -0500

[ClansRGay]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Minrepair is a bug. And yes, I and others are exploiting a ‘bug’ (more an oversight than a bug, but it amounts to the same thing) and I’ll stop just as soon as it’s fixed. Sooner, if you can somehow persuade everyone else to stop as well.

Or you could just stop now because you know it’s cheating and the fact that other people are doing it doesn’t make it right.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

I’d like to, but it would still rankle that other users have the option available, and wouldn’t be pressed to make such a commitment. Are you using it?

The best solution would still be an official fix as I don’t 100% trust some of the people who play this game.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Oh, come on. Why is everyone giving meeeeeeeeee such a hard time on this where there are other exploits still in use (see: Domination threads)? Or that were in use for a long time but no one was yelling “strop it!” (see: streaking)?

Let’s just let this drop, okay? It’s a known issue. ET will at some point fix it. In the meantime, it’s available to anyone who wants to use it, so everyone’s in the same boat.

If you want to continue to argue with him about his use of it, take it to Tubmail. Don’t make me close this thread. This thread is about scripting, and how you can’t use it for speedruns.

elenaratelim-
it

Avatar: 24791 2010-03-21 18:12:06 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

I see where meeeeeeeee is coming from.

DML = every troll can grind for one and get it and benefit from it if they decide to do it

scripts = a personal outside-game thing that then narrows it down to whoever can make them/get them/use them but it doesn’t involve playing the game to get

just saying that’s the difference to me between a DML exploit that is known to everyone and available to everyone if they so choose – and an exploit that is from outside the game.

my .02 that is all…

elenaratelimit edited this message on 07/24/2008 5:55PM

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

elenaratelimit Posted:

I see where meeeeeeeee is coming from.

DML = every troll can grind for one and get it and benefit from it if they decide to do it

scripts = a personal outside-game thing that then narrows it down to whoever can make them/get them/use them but it doesn’t involve playing the game to get

just saying that’s the difference to me between a DML exploit that is known to everyone and available to everyone if they so choose – and an exploit that is from outside the game.

my .02 that is all…

I don’t see how scripts “narrow it down to whoever can …use them”.

Plus it does require playing the game to get, afaik. Unless you have a script that access the database directly.

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

MC Banhammer Posted:

Oh, come on. Why is everyone giving meeeeeeeeee such a hard time on this where there are other exploits still in use (see: Domination threads)? Or that were in use for a long time but no one was yelling “strop it!” (see: streaking)?

Well, I don’t see most people acting all high-and-mighty and saying that anything that gives an unfair advantage is wrong while abusing bugs to get an advantage…

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

Arktor Posted:

Plus it does require playing the game to get, afaik. Unless you have a script that access the database directly.

The scripts run off the page so you can totally automate it so that you’re afk before the game starts playing itself.

I’m glad to see issues I was trying to mess with ages ago become hot topics, but i’m upset that it’s not me bringing them up. damn people with leet hax skills.

elenaratelim-
it

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

Arktor Posted:

How don’t you see it? I don’t have scripts/make scripts why should people with scripts make leaderboards etc. unreachable unless you have one too? DML is an ‘in game’ item and doesn’t require any extra knowledge to get or operate.

As far as ‘playing to get’ I meant it’s not an in game item anyone can play and get access to if they want it. Sure you have to play to use it – but that’s not what I was talking about in terms of playing to get it.

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

elenaratelimit Posted:

How don’t you see it? I don’t have scripts/make scripts why should people with scripts make leaderboards etc. unreachable unless you have one too? DML is an ‘in game’ item and doesn’t require any extra knowledge to get or operate.

As far as ‘playing to get’ I meant it’s not an in game item anyone can play and get access to if they want it. Sure you have to play to use it – but that’s not what I was talking about in terms of playing to get it.

Holy ****, I can get access to a DML? Tell me how!

Besides, this isn’t a discussion about using scripting to make leaderboards.

Arktor edited this message on 07/24/2008 6:16PM

elenaratelim-
it

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

Arktor Posted:

Holy ****, I can get access to a DML? Tell me how!

Besides, this isn’t a discussion about using scripting to make leaderboards.

Grind with a troll > buy it. Scripting will affect leaderboards and stats (shall I go try and do some 2 second denture chat speedruns without one?). Stop being purposefully obtuse because you as a camwhore can’t exploit an in-game item designed for another clbum.

ET is always working on fixing ‘in game exploits’ but he can’t work on fixing out of game script use – aside from banning it. Pretty simple really.

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

elenaratelimit Posted:

Grind with a troll > buy it.

So the DML isn’t available to all players, but minrepairing with it has given certain players total control of the higher-level leaderboards. But you’re saying that it’s ok, because it’s available to trolls. Am I following?

Scripting will affect leaderboards and stats (shall I go try and do some 2 second denture chat speedruns without one?).

I’m sorry, I didn’t realize you were talking about abusing scripts to dominate leaderboards. We must have misunderstood one another.

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

I dislike repair, btw. I’d like it if you nerfed EVERYTHING in the game to keep it hard, so long as you removed the whole stupid repair system.

Nillo

Avatar: 13243 2015-07-21 17:58:06 -0400

[COMPOSOLITION]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I suck dirty homeless guys male reproductive organs all night long

Big Brother Posted:

I dislike repair, btw. I’d like it if you nerfed EVERYTHING in the game to keep it hard, so long as you removed the whole stupid repair system.

While I don’t agree with removing repair altogether, I do wish I had an auto-repair option that made it pay the costs automatically.

elenaratelim-
it

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

Arktor Posted:

So the DML isn’t available to all players, but minrepairing with it has given certain players total control of the higher-level leaderboards. But you’re saying that it’s ok, because it’s available to trolls. Am I following?

You are following but going around in useless circles. No one here has said EVERY CLbum can get the DML but yes EVERY PLAYER can get a DML if they get a troll to play with. All clbumes have their special items and abilities and I don’t need to tell you this. Without a DML camwhores and emo’s have many advantages over a troll – so what? You play the game and use your characters to their best abilities/advantages WITHIN THE GAME.

You have a troll alt don’t you? Well why don’t you buy one? As more people buy them and the site keeps moving forward and the exploits keep getting worked on the balance will be restored. If people can’t be bothered to buy one then what can you do?

Again the only way to stop outside game script use is banning it because I doubt ET wants to interview any person using scripts to see what their intentions are. It isn’t available to every player if they choose to use it unlike the DML which is accessible to any player that really would like to have one they just have to bother to play with a troll.

We will have to agree to disagree.

Big Brother

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

The DML is not an advantage. The DML is, now that streaking is gone, a gigantic hole in the game that you pour flezz in to for only minor (comparably) stats boosts.

Tarman

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Troll

I AM IN NEED OF A GOOD DOUCHING SINCE I HAVE SAND IN MY VAG!!!!!

Big Brother Posted:

The DML is, now that streaking is gone

Min. Repair.

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

elenaratelimit Posted:

You are following but going around in useless circles. No one here has said EVERY CLbum can get the DML but yes EVERY PLAYER can get a DML if they get a troll to play with.

Ok, so, the requirements to get a DML are, you must have either:

A) chosen troll for a clbum

B) not have chosen a clbum yet

C) have access to a means of paying CZ $5, and be willing to do so.

I’m pretty damn sure this narrows it down to less than everybody.

Again the only way to stop outside game script use is banning it because I doubt ET wants to interview any person using scripts to see what their intentions are. It isn’t available to every player if they choose to use it unlike the DML which is accessible to any player WHO IS A TROLL.

Disagree. Scripts are available to every player. And I don’t see why ET needs to interview every person who uses scripts if they aren’t interfering with anything.

Big Brother

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

Tarman Posted:

Min. Repair.

They fixed that too.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!