Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Fun DOMINATION THEME WEEK: July 23

HOdMandOds

[Team Shortbus]

Level 4 Emo Kid

“Emotionally Stable”

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

Conversely it’s a great way to FIND illegal alts.

Man you ****ers are so lame at finding Illegal alts. I doubt changing INCIT is going to help.

HOdMandOds was banned for this post by Evil Trout

HOdMandOds edited this message on 07/23/2009 2:25PM

BINGEBOT 2015

Avatar: 38 2010-12-05 22:39:25 -0500

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

This thread is not about Klan Vanilla. Do not talk about Klan Vanilla here. If you want to discuss Klan Vanilla, go here. Any further discussion of Klan Vanilla here will lead to a temporary ban. Consider this your warning.

I have said this before and I’ll say it again. We are looking into Klan Vanilla, we are close to coming up with a solution to address all of the issues. We will most likely use the Theme Weeks to test them to see if they make a difference. Stay tuned and thanks for your continued input.

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

This thread is not about Klan Vanilla. Do not talk about Klan Vanilla here. If you want to discuss Klan Vanilla, go here. Any further discussion of Klan Vanilla here will lead to a temporary ban. Consider this your warning.

I have said this before and I’ll say it again. We are looking into Klan Vanilla, we are close to coming up with a solution to address all of the issues. We will most likely use the Theme Weeks to test them to see if they make a difference. Stay tuned and thanks for your continued input.

This coming week, would you like us to ignore that-which-must-not-be-named and consider only how the rate of scoops from incit compares to antifreeze, lemon sherbet, and pistachio, then?

The Grinning-
Man

[Good Omens]

Level 37 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Arktor Posted:

This coming week, would you like us to ignore that-which-must-not-be-named and consider only how the rate of scoops from incit compares to antifreeze, lemon sherbet, and pistachio, then?

It’ll likely have some influence on domination but will mainly be felt in the lower brackets. Further even in the upper brackets the amount of choco one can earn in addition to the other sources of scoops can often spell a significant difference in how many scoops you get in the week and consequentially how many cards you have available. If we bumume that ties in medals are likely going away in the near future this means that being able to maximize your scoops from forumbuildr and/or INCIT will likely be a major part of winning a pod in the future.

Realistically 5-10 wins a day is not impossible in INCIT especially if you lurk in there for hours but even at 1 for 1 reward that will be roughly 35-70 scoops which is not that much more than gambling can get you and definitely less than what some people get from forumbuildr.

Tank-Sweetie

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

SG94 Posted:

I do agree that INCIT isn’t very good though, I don’t see why Orb and his klan don’t get bored of it.

I think someone is just a sore loser

Tank-Sweetie edited this message on 07/23/2008 11:35AM

PhineasPoe

Avatar: 12179 2010-01-24 16:27:57 -0500

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 35 Troll

You got a smudge there Phin... oh wait thats Trouts feces

I think everyone who gets a scoop from INCIT should get an e-peen or something that says ‘This person played INCIT and LOVED it!’ just to further **** off people all ready angry by this.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Tank-Sweetie Posted:

I heard people downvoted SG to that point, but that’s not something to talk about in this thread.

First day…

With Lemon and Solo Vanilla, I got a grand total of 13 cards with 12 visits, not bad I guess. I’m not going to comment on INCIT because I suck at INCIT. :/

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

Fran Posted:

First day…

With Lemon and Solo Vanilla, I got a grand total of 13 cards with 12 visits, not bad I guess. I’m not going to comment on INCIT because I suck at INCIT. :/

My Re-Re managed to get 17 cards with 12 visits, and he was even unlucky because 3 times he lost 2 dominated forums at the same time.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Nicco Posted:

My Re-Re managed to get 17 cards with 12 visits, and he was even unlucky because 3 times he lost 2 dominated forums at the same time.

People were screwing my runs too and I didn’t went for Pistachio Log in to see images!

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

Fran Posted:

People were screwing my runs too and I didn’t went for Pistachio Log in to see images!

Neither did I.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

Tank-Sweetie Posted:

I have 72 wins, and I consider my low score suspicious as it is well known that your klan loves to hate me and I’ve seen my score drop by over 100 in a timespan of a single day. I also reported your post as trolling in non-RP.

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

The fun begins once people have 30 cards collected. Log in to see images!

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

I’ve noticed a number of people burning through their cards in order to avoid that limit. Or perhaps just enjoying blasting things again Log in to see images!

Call Me Diego

Avatar: 41721 2010-01-14 23:10:10 -0500

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Emo Kid

Boo!

I am really enjoying this dom week.

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Underscorewas Posted:

I am really enjoying this dom week.

Because of INCIT? Or the “balance adjustments”?

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

Because of INCIT? Or the “balance adjustments”?

I’ve been particularly liking the change to vanilla for solo players, as well as the INCIT change.

Call Me Diego

Avatar: 41721 2010-01-14 23:10:10 -0500

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Emo Kid

Boo!

MC Banhammer Posted:

I’ve been particularly liking the change to vanilla for solo players, as well as the INCIT change.

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Questions, comments, rude remarks?

Please post your post INCIT Scoop comments and suggestions. Did we like this week? Do we want to keep all the “fixes” that were done? Was INCIT giving out chocolate scoops a benefit?

etc etc…

Discuss

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Ok, so I played out this past week as a solo player. I’ve played solo before, but with these changes I thought that might be helpful having seen the inside of klan vanilla.

INCIT scoops. Thumbs up. I thought I was going to see klan abuse, but it wasn’t even an issue. If klan vanilla is nerfed I don’t know what would happen, but honestly I think it would be pretty damn easy to spot, so it shouldn’t even be a real concern. It’s an interesting new source for scoops, but it’s never going to be overwhelmed by Domination players since it takes a pretty serious time commitment to earn even 5 – 10 scoops. Huge benefit in that it draws a few extra players into INCIT helping to kill off that horrible “we need at least 5” message. I just don’t see it doing anything that Forumbuildr doesn’t already do, so why not open the door to the regular INCIT players.

8 scoops for solo vanilla. A great change. Makes everything except the top bracket(s) awesomely competitive and fun. It’s enough scoops that there is room to play bully and still have a shot at medalling.

bumhole hitting for 6. Underpowered, imo. Bump to hitting for 8 and I think it would be perfect. 6 would be fine if klan vanilla is nerfed in a way that restricts it from pulling 800+ scoops in a week. As is, it makes little to no impact on klan. I unloaded 2 characters with almost 100% bumholes on the top bracket and it would have taken another 120+ bumholes to bring the max scoops to 50. And, then they raided again earning another 250+ scoops per player. Had every single non-klan, non-E2B player run optimal visits and maxed scoops and dedicated everything to destruction the same people would probably still have won. The power balance there is a little ridiculous.

Hand limit is outstanding. It provides an instant element of strategy, since even a solo player using visits effectively must leave scoops exposed. Also really eliminates that safety net of the Shield/Modest strategy that is so secure, especially in the top brackets.

No ties. Mixed feelings. On the one hand it provides for a great fight to the finish. I haven’t had so much fun losing a bracket in ages! I lost mins on Natasha Sweet in Headsets. There were at least 5 or 6 players just slamming through each others shields, hitting each other and rebuilding, buying new cards – it was awesome. On the flip side, at 3 winners per bracket the truly competitive players are going to consistently get hosed while those who don’t bother playing except once a month or so will be able to sweep their less competitive brackets. Does that really matter? I don’t know. Overall I prefer 1 medal to 5 even if it means I don’t get one. I would much prefer seeing 3 new medal options bringing any bracket total to 6 unique winners.

Keeping alts out of raids. Huge improvement in morale to not have to look at looming towers of scoops sitting on players who obviously aren’t even playing. Major thumbs up. I do think if the medal restriction is kept we are going to see more klan players doing what Vuron, meeeeeeeeee, Arktor, myself and several other player have done for ages – choose a few alts that you play as your main when you don’t want to use your main for whatever reason. I started doing it because I was cred running for a really long time and missed playing Domination, so I started rotate who my active Dom character was. I can see those with alts in vanilla klans choosing to “join raid” with a character not in that annoying top bracket. Then were going to start seeing random vanilla towers again, but overall this is an outstanding change and if enough top bracket players start rotating which character they are playing the top bracket will start to shift from a one klan show, and that would be a lot more fun.

When a raid group pwns 12 forums, raid group members have to beat forums not already owned by anyone in their raid group in order to get subsequent scoops Currently, zero impact on raiding except to make it take longer. I don’t actually think taking longer is better. I’d be very interested to see things reverted to being able to take something already held, but allowing only those joined to the raid to hold forums that count. Pretty much would put a knife in the heart of alts, but as things stand klan vanilla is still radically overwhelming.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My personal experience this week:

The Pusher in an unmedaled bracket, no klan vanilla, used all visits effectively, gambled. 4 medal sweep. This was pretty much expected as most any experienced Dom player can sweep an unmedaled bracket this far into the season.

scully_bot in a 2-3 medal bracket (this season, most in bracket had 4 – 7 overall), no klan vanilla, used all visits effectively, gambled. 3 medals – would have lost mins if I hadn’t gambled or if even one more person had decided to hammer at me, since 200KillerWasps and AAHZ had gone through all my shields. Definitely didn’t have that “this is locked down, no worries” feel.

Druzilla in Sexy Hikers (3rd highest bracket), no klan vanilla, used all visits effectively, gambled. Had an alt in bracket to offer support, but didn’t have time to actually use it. Took fav flava pretty much accidentally – yay for people distracted while playing other brackets! Log in to see images!

Lily Fontaine in Sexy Hikers, didn’t really run her beyond basic visits, since I knew I wouldn’t have time to play all my characters.

Natasha Sweet in Headsets don’t make you a man – no klan vanilla, used all visits effectively, gambled. Had alt in bracket to offer support, used alt to blast the crap out of people while going for mins. Several other players were in exactly the same position, it made for a fantastic death match for mins. Loads of fun even though I didn’t end up on top – Squidly is a sneaky bastard! Log in to see images!

Psychotic Vengeance was the support alt in Headsets, pretty much just blew crap up.

Illyria – didn’t play her at all beyond running visits. I have too many characters. Should have, since fav flava was only 41 and a win would have been possible just using the 12 visits the character is sitting on.

angstcity and scullyangel in top bracket – used all visits effectively, dedicated all scoops to destruction and just blew crap up. Even played INCIT on scullyangel. Couldn’t even dent klan vanilla.

EDIT: I know several other klan players were playing solo as well this week. I hope a lot of players chime in with opinions. I know I heard from a lot of people expressing that they like a lot of these changes, but I think posting that fact will lend a hell of a lot more weight than a few people saying, “I kept hearing…”

scully edited this message on 07/31/2008 2:01AM

Orb

Avatar: 33233 Tue Oct 21 12:46:08 -0400 2008

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

I managed to squeak by with a Fave Flava medal from my INCIT scoops, which was very cool (but I still needed all the solo vanilla scoops to keep my chocolate scoops protected).

So dom went well for me but what I was really happy about was INCIT. Having more people in there really make for a better experience, and it was extra cool to see people outside the usual 70CS crowd.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!