Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Contest Suggestion: take permbanned illegal multis out of domination groups.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

topic, no need to elaborate really. Some that I see are Ronnie Blaze, Honey Lennon, Nikki Gale, Idol Lasher, and woman's genitalsGalore. All permbanned, all bathing in Episode 2 Beta klan vanilla.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

I brought this up to ET yesterday (based on a Q from scullyangel) and he said they’d be discussing it at last night’s meeting. So hopefully we’ll hear something today.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

Yeah I heard the same from Bingebot, we crossed signals I guess.

elenaratelim-
it

Avatar: 24791 2010-03-21 18:12:06 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

SG94 Posted:

topic, no need to elaborate really. Some that I see are Ronnie Blaze, Honey Lennon, Nikki Gale, Idol Lasher, and woman's genitalsGalore. All permbanned, all bathing in Episode 2 Beta klan vanilla.

one of those is in one of my brackets with an alt

I DEMAND JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111

BINGEBOT 2015

Avatar: 38 2010-12-05 22:39:25 -0500

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

We have discussed and come to a decision. ET is working on the coding to back it up. Stay tuned.

Let’s just say that Justice will be served. No further discussion is necessary.

B2015

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Ronnie has previously told us all those alts are legal*, and he’s donated $75. So there is misinformation in this thread somewhere, and further clarification *is* necessary to clear that up.

*and all have the same voting ratio, not that that means a whole lot

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 07/22/2008 10:43AM

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Ronnie has previously told us all those alts are legal, and he’s donated $75. So there is misinformation in this thread somewhere, and further clarification *is* necessary to clear that up.

Any such information is currently between CZ and Ronnie. Please leave it there instead of speculating.

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

And the speculation in SG94s post?

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

And the speculation in SG94s post?

That’s not really speculation. Viewing their profiles shows bans with no expiration date, and that’s the definition of permaban.

Of course, even permabans can be reversed, but lack of expiration date = permaban is generally a good rule of thumb.

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

Just playing devils advocate, (since it totally makes sense to me to remove permabanned people from domination groups) – but if it turns out those alts are legally bought multis of the ronnie blaze main, then should they stay in domination? (bumuming he might come back from permaban)

from his side of the story, paraphrased, he had illegal multis from back when he started, but he doesn’t play them anymore. since then he bought a lot of BPs and supposedly bought a bunch of legal alts, which we had always bumumed were those mentioned above by SG94.

whether or not he was using the aforementioned illegal alts for vote tampering or what have you is another issue all together, but I don’t think he was raiding with illegals. I mean who pays $75 and then makes a bunch of illegal alts?

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 07/22/2008 11:20AM

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Pickled male reproductive organbum Posted:

he had illegal multis from back when he started, but he doesn’t play them anymore

This is the crux of the issue. Stand by for breaking developments.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Analysis in: see the OP in the illegal alts thread. Under “When will we ban an Illegal Alt?”

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

So what’s the situation? Is this the relevant paragraph?

“What if I’m not actively playing both?

Generally, if you are not actively playing two accounts within a short time period, you will not be banned.

For example, you create an Emo Kid, play for a day and decide the game sucks. Then you come back a month later and create a new account to play as a Camwhore, and never touch your Emo account again. We don’t consider this actively using multiple accounts and you will be fine. “

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Sigh.

No. This one:

We have tools to analyze your usage habits. If we catch you actively playing on multiple accounts all of your accounts will be banned: it’s as simple as that.

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Fine. It’s as simple as that. He donated generously, he more than paid for however many alts he ran. Any issue with unfairness then is down to game balance – nothing to do with illegal alts. CZs finances are safe, no harm, no foul. I don’t see that justice was served here.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Fine. It’s as simple as that. He donated generously, he more than paid for however many alts he ran. Any issue with unfairness then is down to game balance – nothing to do with illegal alts. CZs finances are safe, no harm, no foul. I don’t see that justice was served here.

Because you don’t see everything. You see only a small part of it.

This thread is way off-topic now. Further discussions about illegal alts should go back to that main thread in Game Discussion, linked to above.

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

i guess Ronnie was actively playing his illegals too. I still don’t think he raided with them.

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

If he still had illegal multis and was playing them despite having plenty of BPs to make them legal then I don’t really know what to say. I think CZ are perfectly in their rights to ban people for abusing the game but I also see that leniency has been made in the past for other players who have consistently been more abusive.

I think it really depends on what he was doing with his illegal multis. It seems likely that he wasn’t really using them for domination but it could be that he was using them to influence forumbuildr which can be really unfair to people that are trying to develop creative content for the game.

I’m willing to trust the admins judgment in this regards but I do think that they should balance the harm he might’ve done with his status as a contributor (not that contributors should get out of jail scott-free) and the relative seriousness of his crimes in comparison to other permabanned users.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I’m heading over to the game discussion thread as requested by Bamhammer…

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!