Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing
Religion ITT: KPC FORUM INFO LEAKED

Natalie Petr-
ov

Avatar: 30861 2010-01-24 16:36:34 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Queen of Hats and enjoy

The invoking of SRSLY seems irrelevant.

Heat Seeking-
Moisture Mi-
ssile

Avatar: Heat Seeking Moisture Missile's Avatar

Level 10 Troll

AKA Throbbing Thrill Hammer, Rod of God, and male reproductive organ

Natalie Posted:

The invoking of SRSLY seems irrelevant.

It was, you are right.

You guys should post more BTW.

Natalie Petr-
ov

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Queen of Hats and enjoy

I know, right?

In all honesty, I think that most of us in SRSLY sort of feel like there are real roadblocks towards posting any real RP. Emo RP often gets ignored (or just smacked down) — even threads that I really thought would be successful. Example:

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/6201

That’s emo RP, and while there was a spirited effort there to keep it alive (and while it gave other emos every opportunity to post some writings of their own, nothing ever happened.

Camwhore RP is tough — but right now, who would want to try to RP a camwhore when the entire camwhore RP forum is entirely taken over by troll postings? Look at the first four pages and identify how many posts are actually camwhore related. On top of that, one of the pioneers of RPing a camwhore — Escher — appears to have disappeared, and no one has really stepped up to replace her.

Troll RP — well, that’s certainly off and going well, but since it’s RPing something that many posters are already doing, there’s not many SRSLY folks who actually RP as trolls.

Re-re RP — Actually, the re-res kind of have the upper hand in terms of RP lately, especially with the work done by Captain Soda, Eirairaianna, and others.

Still, what can we do to encourage more RP? We tried contests, and people actually stopped entering them, even though it was free BP if you just RP’d. Suggestions are welcome, SRSLY.

Zakov

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Natalie Posted:

I know, right?

In all honesty, I think that most of us in SRSLY sort of feel like there are real roadblocks towards posting any real RP. Emo RP often gets ignored (or just smacked down) — even threads that I really thought would be successful. Example:

That’s emo RP, and while there was a spirited effort there to keep it alive (and while it gave other emos every opportunity to post some writings of their own, nothing ever happened.

Camwhore RP is tough — but right now, who would want to try to RP a camwhore when the entire camwhore RP forum is entirely taken over by troll postings? Look at the first four pages and identify how many posts are actually camwhore related. On top of that, one of the pioneers of RPing a camwhore — Escher — appears to have disappeared, and no one has really stepped up to replace her.

Troll RP — well, that’s certainly off and going well, but since it’s RPing something that many posters are already doing, there’s not many SRSLY folks who actually RP as trolls.

Re-re RP — Actually, the re-res kind of have the upper hand in terms of RP lately, especially with the work done by Captain Soda, Eirairaianna, and others.

Still, what can we do to encourage more RP? We tried contests, and people actually stopped entering them, even though it was free BP if you just RP’d. Suggestions are welcome, SRSLY.

You’re only the third person I’ve seen from that klan. Though I’m not around tons or anything.

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

Natalie Posted:

I know, right?

Yeah, I think a problem is non rpers just don’t know how to help.

Troll rpers like me can’t enter another rp thread without ****ting it up, but then without outside encouragement the thread dies.

:|

I'M A SIG-DISABLING COCKMONGLER

Natalie Petr-
ov

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Queen of Hats and enjoy

That’s sort of the point I’m making, though you can generally find me in IDC pretty much daily, and I’m at least looking at the boards (if not posting) much of the day as well.

I would say about half of the klan has gone inactive, and that half, unfortunately, includes some really great RPers like Kerri, Aleks, Aelfrhian, and R I O T. I’m hopeful that they’ll come back at some point and I’m hopeful that at some point, this place will become a more welcoming environment for RP in general.

Clearly I hope a lot.

(my response here was to the poster above Nana, since this wouldn’t mean much in response to her post)

Adding to this response: I think the best thing for non-RPers to do is to at least try. Even troll RP, which is MEANT to **** up a thread, would work well in emo threads, and could lead to delightful instances of threatening suicide on the internets.

Natalie Petrov edited this message on 07/19/2008 8:11PM

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

Natalie Posted:

That’s sort of the point I’m making, though you can generally find me in IDC pretty much daily, and I’m at least looking at the boards (if not posting) much of the day as well.

I would say about half of the klan has gone inactive, and that half, unfortunately, includes some really great RPers like Kerri, Aleks, Aelfrhian, and R I O T. I’m hopeful that they’ll come back at some point and I’m hopeful that at some point, this place will become a more welcoming environment for RP in general.

Clearly I hope a lot.

Yeah, I think BoP just ran out of ideas for Aelf since it’s sole purpose was mocking an admin from KoL.

oh god i just wish I knew how people like me could help D:

Natalie Posted:

I know, right?

Natalie, my klan and most of my alts have been trying to RP for quite some time now.

I’ve been doing my utmost best to try to encourage it, but some folks just don’t seem to want it or like it I guess.

I’ve tried.

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

Monkey in a suit with a gun Posted:

Natalie, my klan and most of my alts have been trying to RP for quite some time now.

I’ve been doing my utmost best to try to encourage it, but some folks just don’t seem to want it or like it I guess.

I’ve tried.

The bots were funny in small doses, and I enjoyed your antics with THE_FACT_IS, but thats mainly because they’re hilarious.

OLDfabulous person

Level 42 Re-Re

Natalie Posted:

QFT N00B!

Natalie Petr-
ov

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Queen of Hats and enjoy

I’ve tried.

TGC absolutely did step up for a bit, and some of the combined antics were fantastic. However, it seems like activity has genuinely slowed down — I don’t know if posters are absent or if new storylines just haven’t become available or what, but I can see why Club Powar is gaining re-res since it’s an active RP that’s ongoing.

I think it’s easier to RP as if you are a real person on these forums than it is to RP a secret spy agency.

nanathunderjesus gets you LIGHTNING IN YOUR FIST Posted:

The bots were funny in small doses, and I enjoyed your antics with THE_FACT_IS, but thats mainly because they’re hilarious.

Nana, it’s very easy to be a troll who just sits back and tells everyone this thread sucks, or this idea is lame, it is much more difficult to be the person who is expected to come up with idea after idea after idea and always be interesting to everyone.

It’s too bad you didn’t try and offer some ideas, rather than just troll the ones you didn’t like.

I would have very much enjoyed RPing with you guys, hell I made the Evil Trout thing basically just to get you guys into it. I guess you didn’t care for that one either.

I will say that I personally feel that, you are being pretty insincere when you say you would like to support RP though.

You do support SRSLY because they are your sister klan, and I get that, that’s cool, but for quite some time now SRSLY hasn’t been doing much, and I’ve at least been trying. It would have been nice if you could have backed us up. We certainly didn’t want problems between our klans, hell most of my klan WAS TSB alts.

Natalie Petr-
ov

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Queen of Hats and enjoy

I think that posting something like this is probably why they haven’t supported you much.

Nana has actually always supported RP — and has always stated that she enjoys participating in it — but she does tend to not always see RP that’s directed at her (case in point, Eirairaianna stalking her for a bit).

I had no idea that TSB (now TBC) was invited to work with TGC, and I have an alt in TSB. *shrug*

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

Natalie Posted:

I think it’s easier to RP as if you are a real person on these forums than it is to RP a secret spy agency.

OH MAN YES

This is why roleplayers like escher and kerri were so good.

Nana, it’s very easy to be a troll who just sits back and tells everyone this thread sucks, or this idea is lame, it is much more difficult to be the person who is expected to come up with idea after idea after idea and always be interesting to everyone.

It’s too bad you didn’t try and offer some ideas, rather than just troll the ones you didn’t like.

I would have very much enjoyed RPing with you guys, hell I made the Evil Trout thing basically just to get you guys into it. I guess you didn’t care for that one either.

I will say that I personally feel that, you are being pretty insincere when you say you would like to support RP though.

You do support SRSLY because they are your sister klan, and I get that, that’s cool, but for quite some time now SRSLY hasn’t been doing much, and I’ve at least been trying. It would have been nice if you could have backed us up. We certainly didn’t want problems between our klans, hell most of my klan WAS TSB alts.

Don’t be gay. I never once shatted up your threads and I even helped in some.

It’s not my fault your rp was boring and failed to engage the community. The problem is you were too focused on being a character that you forgot to make it interesting for outsiders. You forgot to give them a reason to read your roleplaying posts, and without that rp here is nothing.

Roleplayers like briddy know how to make their posts interesting for their audience, and she did that by injecting humor into her posts while staying consistent with the storyline.

And while it’s great you were trying revive rp you shouldn’t be so negative towards constructive criticism.

As for why I don’t participate in RP – I just don’t have the attention span for it. Planning something just seems to drain the excitement of an experience, and having a plot is essential for group rping.

As for solo rping – again, I don’t have the attention span for it. My posting style is just to continually bounce off the energy of others, and rping requires longevity.

Natalie Posted:

I think that posting something like this is probably why they haven’t supported you much.

Nana has actually always supported RP — and has always stated that she enjoys participating in it — but she does tend to not always see RP that’s directed at her (case in point, Eirairaianna stalking her for a bit).

I had no idea that TSB (now TBC) was invited to work with TGC, and I have an alt in TSB. *shrug*

For a long while most of our active posters were TSB alts to be honest. So yes, I really wanted to work withthem and not against them.

Natalie Petr-
ov

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Queen of Hats and enjoy

What SORT of TSB alts? There were a lot of TSB folks, so were you getting people who were active, who were core TSB’ers, or were you getting new folks who weren’t as grounded within the TSB structure?

If it was the latter, that may be why it didn’t take off properly?

ETA: I see that you had a few that were core TSB’ers, but I think that nana’s comment re: it not being something that could be participated in by outsiders is very, very relevant to this entire debate — so much RP is not accessible to those not involved in it, and I think that’s much of the problem.

Natalie Petrov edited this message on 07/19/2008 8:52PM

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

Natalie Posted:

Yeah, sometimes when I’m busy I just check the Most Recent threads and head out. :<

nanathunderjesus gets you LIGHTNING IN YOUR FIST Posted:

Don’t be gay. I never once shatted up your threads and I even helped in some.

It’s not my fault your rp was boring and failed to engage the community. The problem is you were too focused on being a character that you forgot to make it interesting for outsiders. You forgot to give them a reason to read your roleplaying posts, and without that rp here is nothing.

Roleplayers like briddy know how to make their posts interesting for their audience, and she did that by injecting humor into her posts while staying consistent with the storyline.

And while it’s great you were trying revive rp you shouldn’t be so negative towards constructive criticism.

As for why I don’t participate in RP – I just don’t have the attention span for it. Planning something just seems to drain the excitement of an experience, and having a plot is essential for group rping.

As for solo rping – again, I don’t have the attention span for it. My posting style is just to continually bounce off the energy of others, and rping requires longevity.

You didn’t personally shat up my threads, that is true, and I didn’t mean to imply that actually.

I don’t really mind constructive criticism, I never really got any that I am aware of.

To my memory you never really said anything to me at all.

I will say this though, some of the things we tried that you didn’t like, other people here really did.

I realize that not every idea is a winner, but at the same time not every idea you don’t like, everyone else hates. I was getting feedback on some of the things you didn’t like which let me know I should keep doing it.

Besides, I am not really playing this game to entertain you or anyone who only watns the funny. I’m playing for my own enjoyment, and for the others in my klan who like the RP.

If the people in my klan had said, wow this sucks, I would have gone a different direction.

I would have listened to anything you had to say also.

Still would.

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

nanathunderjesus gets you LIGHTNING IN YOUR FIST: That and, as i’ve said in that thread, a lot of their rp failed to engage their audience

8:55PM

Natalie: Yes, that is BANG ON.

nanathunderjesus gets you LIGHTNING IN YOUR FIST: It was thing that felt closed off to the rest of forumwarz

Natalie: That is one of the best insights that I think there’s been.

elenaratelimit: their rp was tl;dr

elenaratelimit: for rp to be TL it has to be interesting

AAHZ: sillyness

Natalie: The inability to participate in RP because you don’t feel as though you’re part of it, or you worry that by posting you’ll overstep some boundary.

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER: well at least they seemed to enjoy it

Natalie: I think that is absolutely a major aspect of the RP issue within ForumWarz.

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER: if no one else did

elenaratelimit: i read 2 sentences then spaced out and started diddling myself

8:56PM

elenaratelimit: i can’t read that **** ****

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER: as long as theyre having fun who cares right?

Natalie: Sure, they enjoyed it, but the idea of RP is to get others involved, to get them inspired, to get them participating, and if it feels that removed, then that’s not going to happen.

elenaratelimit: I CARE

elenaratelimit: DEEPLY

nanathunderjesus gets you LIGHTNING IN YOUR FIST: Definitely

Natalie: No, no, we’re not CRITICIZING the RP per se. The RP was good — the lack of ability for outsiders to participate was the downfall.

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER: well you dont have to read their terrible investigation **** yanno

nanathunderjesus gets you LIGHTNING IN YOUR FIST: And the reason why I keep touting Briddy’s rping so much is that while you weren’t able to particpate with her, it was ****ing hilarious

nanathunderjesus gets you LIGHTNING IN YOUR FIST: Which was the payoff for reading it

Natalie: I think that’s the real key to the whole issue, which means that if we can figure out how to open up RP THAT way, then we can address the issue.

8:57PM

Natalie: Who was she RPing as?

Natalie: Fact?

Natalie: Which I misspelled three times — impressive for four letters.

nanathunderjesus gets you LIGHTNING IN YOUR FIST: Yeah, Fact

elenaratelimit: i like RPing that is more like a ‘person’ posting in a character rather than a thread where ‘things happen’ but that’s just me

nanathunderjesus gets you LIGHTNING IN YOUR FIST: Sig, we’re not trying to leave RP alone, we’re trying to help it

8:58PM

nanathunderjesus gets you LIGHTNING IN YOUR FIST: And I agree with elenaratelimit, I usually just space out if the story in the rp doesn’t catch my attention

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER: well you guys are in fact one of the original troll klans

nanathunderjesus gets you LIGHTNING IN YOUR FIST: AND I AGREE WITH elenaratelimit AGAIN

nanathunderjesus gets you LIGHTNING IN YOUR FIST: I like characters. :3

Natalie: elenaratelimit: I think that it’s easier to RP a character in general because you can react to a character more easily than you can to an RP story arc that seems closed off.

8:59PM

elenaratelimit: Natalie: yeah if you miss a few pages you are kind of left out

elenaratelimit: and if it doesnt interest me i wont read it =\ i am lazy

Natalie Posted:

What SORT of TSB alts? There were a lot of TSB folks, so were you getting people who were active, who were core TSB’ers, or were you getting new folks who weren’t as grounded within the TSB structure?

If it was the latter, that may be why it didn’t take off properly?

ETA: I see that you had a few that were core TSB’ers, but I think that nana’s comment re: it not being something that could be participated in by outsiders is very, very relevant to this entire debate — so much RP is not accessible to those not involved in it, and I think that’s much of the problem.

This may be the case.

I tried to be inclusive though, as evidence by the fact that re-re’s and Emos who had nothing to do with the klan were constantly getting themselves involved and I included them every time.

But I do accept that this may be a big part of the problem.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!