Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Pumpkin Domination Hitlist

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

a little tedious, but attacking eachother is counter productive

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

nanathunderjesus gets you LIGHTNING IN YOUR FIST Posted:

I could never understand why people in “elite” domination klans would never go after each other. Considering the lack of competition, doesn’t it make things boring?

Actually, I don’t think there are “elite” domination klans. Some klans raid, some don’t. Even if there is no klan vanilla at all, those that work together will have an advantage. Pack mentality most times offers an advantage over the lone wolf.

Think of it this way. I know there is more to you guys than just trolling, it’s stupid when people imply that all you can do is troll, but you are great trolls. So say you see some lame bum post and decide to tear the person who posted a new one. Tesfan is already there beating on the poor schmuck, but suddenly the schmuck gets a lucky dig in. This piece of **** managed to hit something that pokes at Tesfan’s weak spot. So you can sit there and do nothing, you can join the train wreck and try to kick both posters in the balls, or you can deliver a mean jab to the jackbum who is sitting there gleefully thinking he’s about to take out Tesfan in this thread. (Story for illustrative purposes only, I’m aware that Tesfan doesn’t have any weak spots.)

Now we know you don’t just sit there. Log in to see images! Sometimes if the person has set themselves up for utter doom, you give them a little poke to remind them they need to stay on top of their game. Most times, it’s more fun to smack the jerk down. Takin’ one home for the team. ****, don’t mess with my peeps. **** with the Bus and you get the exhaust pipe and a fist full of lightning up the bum, right?

There is very much a selfish goal orientated side to things in Domination, but I often hear “Hey, kittiejenn is down. How many Shields did you say spacekadt had left? ****, that’s too many. Ok, I’ll turn in my Modests for artillery, I don’t give a damn if I get a medal as long Beta takes them.”

It’s a big part of why the raiding klans keep hoping for a fix. We want the solo players to honestly compete, or for more people to raid. More competitive players in the mix will radically drop the klan ratio in any given bracket. 50% of a bracket working together is boring. Two players working together against an entire bracket that hates them? And winning? ****ing awesome.

And also, yes. Some days I want to shoot my e-peen/medal whoring self in the face and blast the crap out of my klannies.

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

scullyangel Posted:

Even if there is no klan vanilla at all, those that work together will have an advantage. Pack mentality most times offers an advantage over the lone wolf.

They don’t have an advantage in situations where they don’t outnumber the competition. And I think it’s common sense that two people versus 10 puts the two at a huge disadvantage.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Arktor Posted:

They don’t have an advantage in situations where they don’t outnumber the competition. And I think it’s common sense that two people versus 10 puts the two at a huge disadvantage.

They *can* have an advantage… it just doesn’t happen terribly often. Let’s say there’s 5 non-klan-raiders in the top bracket, 15 ep2betas and 2 lonely brainfreeze (hell, that’s pretty much accurate even if the numbers are fairly made up). If those 5 non-klanned people pulled off some some good raids to be in contention, they could easily band together and pull something off. It’s pretty common knowledge (for now) that there’s a “rivalry” of sorts between brainfreeze and ep2beta (I *hate* the enjoy train, by the way Log in to see images!) and most cards from those two klans are going to target each other. With a little bit of planning and scheming, those 5 “other” players could very possibly band together and at least get something out of it. They’re not likely to sweep, but they might just pull off a medal or two.

(And hell, I’d GLADLY be a meatshield for anyone but ep2beta to medal at this point… I’m not gonna win anything anyway til I get more support in that bracket!) Log in to see images!

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

spacekadt Posted:

They *can* have an advantage… it just doesn’t happen terribly often. Let’s say there’s 5 non-klan-raiders in the top bracket, 15 ep2betas and 2 lonely brainfreeze (hell, that’s pretty much accurate even if the numbers are fairly made up). If those 5 non-klanned people pulled off some some good raids to be in contention, they could easily band together and pull something off. It’s pretty common knowledge (for now) that there’s a “rivalry” of sorts between brainfreeze and ep2beta (I *hate* the enjoy train, by the way Log in to see images!) and most cards from those two klans are going to target each other. With a little bit of planning and scheming, those 5 “other” players could very possibly band together and at least get something out of it. They’re not likely to sweep, but they might just pull off a medal or two.

(And hell, I’d GLADLY be a meatshield for anyone but ep2beta to medal at this point… I’m not gonna win anything anyway til I get more support in that bracket!) Log in to see images!

So you’re agreeing that the real advantage the klanned players have is numbers.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Arktor Posted:

I don’t recall disagreeing with that. I’ve had a one way ticket on the enjoy train for at least two, if not three, weeks now. It’s been me and one or two others from brainfreeze up against a ****ton of people from ep2beta. When more than 50% of the bracket is from one klan, it’s pretty much a foregone conclusion without other people banding together somehow.

I never said that my scenario above was likely… or even that it’s been done… only that it’s possible should people decide to play it out that way and actually start raiding. (Having a fairly significant scoop count is *very* necessary… and these days fairly easily done – even if it does get kinda boring after a very short while)

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Arktor Posted:

Don’t mix the numbers. The “number of players” arguments all along have been about how many people are required to raid. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone deny that multiple players working together in one bracket aren’t a big advantage. I was in a bracket last week full of other bodies and didn’t play my characters because I felt that it was such an insane advantage to have 4 alts in one bracket. Bodies working together is a freaking given, why would you even question that after all the arranged ties you were part of in Sisters and Knights? And as spacekadt points out, yes, I often think that if some of the stragglers banded together they could absolutely male reproductive organ with the klan players. Sometimes I post it on the stall telling them exactly what they could do, and then there are maybe 3 out of 15 – 20 who bother. Unless we see something like the unlimited anti-freeze, the pack will always be stronger – it’s a pack.

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

Hey, don’t forget that not only the amount of players count but even more how many scoops/cards they have. Maybe 5 unklanned players in the top bracket each with about 30 cards can bring down a single raider with 160 cards, but they all have to be online at the end of the dom round and they don’t have a chance to win anything if they attack, because there are enough other raiders with tons of cards.

I’m mostly online at the end of a dom round and play the few cards I have (ask Tarman Log in to see images!) but most people without a chance to win anything don’t bother. Yesterday I could prevent a tie in the second bracket, but only because the owner of those alts was busy in the top bracket and made the mistake not to buy some shields.

In the lower brackets the “pack” could certainly bring down a single tower if they work together but 1.) there are to many people in the brackets who only got unintentionally some scoops and who are not interested in domination or are discouraged by hundreds of vanilla. 2.) If they work together and attack over the week the raider would just card down and still win 4 medals at the end of the round (if he finds the time to play his cards).

The problem I see is, that to many new players lose interest in domination because they think they don’t have a chance – and often they really don’t have. I’m glad that I started last season – first I wasn’t interested in domination but after some weeks I was curious what else Forumwarz has to offer. It took me some weeks to learn the basics but I won a medal in the second week I seriously tried and then I worked my way up until I was in the top bracket in the last week. I guess I wouldn’t be still here if I hadn’t a chance to compete like it is this season if you are unlucky and in brackets with raider alts again and again.

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

scullyangel Posted:

Bodies working together is a freaking given, why would you even question that after all the arranged ties you were part of in Sisters and Knights?

Eh… whether it’s one person with 100 scoops or four people tying with 100 scoops, a player with 75 scoops won’t win. Arranged ties yield only the advantage of non-aggression towards each other.

Having people doing nothing but buying cards to nuke people, on the other hand, doesn’t have that much impact either unless the number of people nuking outnumber the people being nuked, or the people nuking have a much larger pool of scoops to buy cards from.

Consider a bracket with yourself, two of your alts, and five other (competitive) players. Bear in mind that you won’t be able to destroy more than 2 scoops for every 4 scoops you spend: you won’t be able to deal that much damage.

Scullyangel Posted:

the pack will always be stronger – it’s a pack.

Well, I guess we’ll see about that after dom is fixed.

Arktor edited this message on 07/17/2008 10:32PM

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Arktor Posted:

Said stuff right about this post.

Obviously you are correct. A player with 100 scoops will beat a player with 75, if their goals are the same. But how the scoops get used can vary pretty radically.

The destructive power of the cards seriously outweighs the building power right now. You know that right? The only true power cards are The bumhole and The Shield.

The bumhole causes a loss of 10 at the expense of 4.

Player A has 4 scoops, Player B has 25 scoops: Difference = 21 scoops

Player A gets and bumhole and has 0 scoops, plays it and hits player B.

Now: Player A has 0 scoops, Player B has 15 scoops: Difference = 15 scoops

Yes, if it ends there Player B still wins, but the point is using the power when it is most effective, or when you know you can’t possibly win. When I can’t win personally, I make it my business to decide you gets to win. I’m boggled by the fact that other players don’t take that stance, and they just let it go.

The only card in the game that is more powerful is The Shield. The Shield costs an opponent who attacks 4 scoops and has the potential to save up to 6 (subtracting out the original 4 scoop cost.)

100 scoops dedicated to getting building cards will likely see a mix that ens up being 10 Modests, 7 Shields, 4 Thiefs, and 3 random cards – likely Switches. 100 scoops becomes 25ish in the rebuild. Net loss of 75ish scoops.

100 scoops dedicated to destruction – 7 bumholes, 7 shotguns, 6 thief, 3 destroyer and 2 randoms.

Those destruction cards used against the first player: 3 destroyers and 4 shotguns take out shields. Additional scoop destruction potential – 82 scoops.

Until this new raid method was put out there, the average raider had 20ish shields and generally needed them all because they are always targeted.

My point, you need far fewer Destruction players to eliminate anyone you want. 1 serious destruction player can take out multiple players working to build. The problem there is that it take a certain gamer type to decide that they don’t want a reward for their play beyond ruining another players plans. God damn, that is a really good reward. I really need to break up with e-peens. Stupid e-peens. Log in to see images! scully edited this message on 07/18/2008 3:03AM

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

scullyangel Posted:

Think of it this way. I know there is more to you guys than just trolling, it’s stupid when people imply that all you can do is troll, but you are great trolls. So say you see some lame bum post and decide to tear the person who posted a new one. Tesfan is already there beating on the poor schmuck, but suddenly the schmuck gets a lucky dig in. This piece of **** managed to hit something that pokes at Tesfan’s weak spot. So you can sit there and do nothing, you can join the train wreck and try to kick both posters in the balls, or you can deliver a mean jab to the jackbum who is sitting there gleefully thinking he’s about to take out Tesfan in this thread. (Story for illustrative purposes only, I’m aware that Tesfan doesn’t have any weak spots.)

Now we know you don’t just sit there. Log in to see images! Sometimes if the person has set themselves up for utter doom, you give them a little poke to remind them they need to stay on top of their game. Most times, it’s more fun to smack the jerk down. Takin’ one home for the team. ****, don’t mess with my peeps. **** with the Bus and you get the exhaust pipe and a fist full of lightning up the bum, right?

hahaha, oh man, i’m laughing too hard to even try to think a good enough reply to this. thank you for the beautiful imagery, skully. Log in to see images!

I suppose I’ll just stop nitpicking and let Dom flow.

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

nanathunderjesus gets you LIGHTNING IN YOUR FIST Posted:

hahaha, oh man, i’m laughing too hard to even try to think a good enough reply to this. thank you for the beautiful imagery, skully. Log in to see images!

I suppose I’ll just stop nitpicking and let Dom flow.

That’s right baby, cause I’m a cam-troll at heart, and really really really full of **** to an astounding level. You back that with the tenacity to keep arguing after everyone else is sick of it, and what the hell is anyone supposed to do about it? Log in to see images!

It’s not all awe inspiring klan teamwork, but no one seems to get that most klans, regardless of what the are formed for, end up with an element of camaraderie.

EDIT: Oh, God now that I said that we are destined to break up within the month. Log in to see images! scully edited this message on 07/18/2008 3:44AM

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

scullyangel Posted:

That’s right baby, cause I’m a cam-troll at heart

Cam-Troll Log in to see images!

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Fran Posted:

Cam-Troll Log in to see images!

No. You said you are going to run PrayPal instead of killing things. That is very sad. Log in to see images!

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

scullyangel Posted:

My point, you need far fewer Destruction players to eliminate anyone you want. 1 serious destruction player can take out multiple players working to build. The problem there is that it take a certain gamer type to decide that they don’t want a reward for their play beyond ruining another players plans. God damn, that is a really good reward. I really need to break up with e-peens. Stupid e-peens. Log in to see images!

Honestly… how often do you see a person with 10 scoops to begin with in a competitive bracket? Usually it’s 0-3 scoops on every player.

As far as deciding who wins, I just don’t see the point. First of all, PD usually has 50-60 shields. I can’t get half that many offensive cards. (Note that they usually have backup modests as well even if I did manage to break through.) Second of all, why would I want to decide who wins if it isn’t going to be me? What do I gain? Better in my opinion to let the players win who deserve to win.

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Arktor Posted:

Better in my opinion to let the players win who deserve to win.

But then there would be no point in anyone playing except me! Log in to see images!

HOdMandOds

[Team Shortbus]

Level 4 Emo Kid

“Emotionally Stable”

You have to admit… multiplayer RPG’s would be pretty ****ing boring if everyone just threw their hands up and said “Hey guys, let’s not attack each other! Let’s all just level up as high as possible to satisfy our OCD-riddled brains! YAY”.

And that’s pretty much what is going on here.

Get some backbone and stop playing like it’s a game of golf and play it like it’s a ****ing domination game.

fabulous persons.

/end of thread

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

__________________________________________________ Posted:

You have to admit… multiplayer RPG’s would be pretty ****ing boring if everyone just threw their hands up and said “Hey guys, let’s not attack each other! Let’s all just level up as high as possible to satisfy our OCD-riddled brains! YAY”.

Get some backbone and stop playing like it’s a game of golf and play it like it’s a ****ing domination game.

fabulous persons.

/end of thread

If everyone attacked each other, the game would be even more boring… there’d be nothing to destroy.

HOdMandOds

[Team Shortbus]

Level 4 Emo Kid

“Emotionally Stable”

__________________________________________________ Posted:

fabulous persons.

/end of thread

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

Arktor Posted:

Honestly… how often do you see a person with 10 scoops to begin with in a competitive bracket? Usually it’s 0-3 scoops on every player.

As far as deciding who wins, I just don’t see the point. First of all, PD usually has 50-60 shields. I can’t get half that many offensive cards. (Note that they usually have backup modests as well even if I did manage to break through.) Second of all, why would I want to decide who wins if it isn’t going to be me? What do I gain? Better in my opinion to let the players win who deserve to win.

well you could choose a clanmate as winner…. oh wait. Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!