Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
FAQ IS IT NECESSARY FOR TROLLS TO BUILD DEFENSE?

Travalgar

Avatar: 49870 Tue Oct 21 02:47:07 -0400 2008

Level 29 Troll

“Gaping Asshole”

I’ve been thinking about this for a while now.

Depending on your tips, I might use my second Haxlrose soon.

Is it necessary for…duh. Read title.

One source said that Trolls should focus on their Offense and Defense, but another suggested to forget Defense and focus on Ego. Which one is better?

And DON’T redirect me to the Flezz build. I wouldn’t be asking you if I accepted the build.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

Well if you’re not going for a Flezz build, on the other side of the spectrum there’s the speed build in the wiki. Although it really depends what you are going for exactly and the first defense point is pretty cheap, over the whole defense is taken care of by your equipment, especially as a troll: the stat is really only useful on the hardest forums.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Obviously everything could change with Ep. 2, but currently even if you just have the Sealskin, you really don’t need to dump points into Defense.

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 50390 Tue May 26 17:55:44 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

defense for troll, not v important, high ego, important.

Call Me Diego

Avatar: 41721 2010-01-14 23:10:10 -0500

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Emo Kid

Boo!

I find that there are benefits for investing in defense. Defense is basically your evade stat, which lowers my consumable usage and repair costs, as well as gives me more chances to attack. With my emo, I find that it helps me stay in the lower 20% ego range longer.

Edit:Switched alts in the middle of post.

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER Posted:

defense for troll, not v important, high ego, important.

I disagree with this. I think that past ego level 5 is a waste of upgrade points. Which could be better put into other stats.

Call Me Diego edited this message on 07/16/2008 4:34AM

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

I’ve got 300 ego with equipment (Pruneserve, male reproductive organblaster) Other than that, the only real choice I see is maxxed out luck vs another couple of points on attack.

Travalgar

Level 29 Troll

“Gaping Asshole”

scullyangel Posted:

Obviously everything could change with Ep. 2, but currently even if you just have the Sealskin, you really don’t need to dump points into Defense.

An okay suggestion, but, while I’m collecting money for the goddamned fur coat, should I stay with the Lv. 5 Defense for now? Or should I not change it even after I get enough Flezz for the sealskin? And what about Offense?

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Travalgar Posted:

An okay suggestion, but, while I’m collecting money for the goddamned fur coat, should I stay with the Lv. 5 Defense for now? Or should I not change it even after I get enough Flezz for the sealskin? And what about Offense?

I do still need to beat Coral Springs, I’ll go do that real quick. Log in to see images!

EDIT: There, Coral done.

Basically everything depends on your goals. Do you want to just get it going and not worry about grinding for the DML? If you aren’t going for that, I’d say leave your build as is until you finish out Ep. 1 and have a decent stock of consumables and some flezz for gambling. Then if you want to play in Domination respec for pure speed (prioritize offense and ego) and plan to run 4 or lower forums to minimize consumables. On the other hand, if you build doesn’t have a decent amount of Ego you are losing flezz daily on extra Smileprins. Log in to see images!

Sorry if you aren’t looking to increase your flezz (thus your rejection of the flezz build), yet you are lacking basic items I’m not sure how to direct you. I guess do what you want and grind Feces until you get enough for the Sealskin. *shrug*

scully edited this message on 07/16/2008 8:05AM

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

RU hunting for special E-peens? If not, put it all in offense. the first times it’s not that pricy to let haxl rearrange your stats

Pluvius

Avatar: 10089 2010-01-24 16:29:03 -0500

[ClansRGay]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Until you get to Level 10, there’s no point in respec. Once you get to the cap, though, I don’t see why you wouldn’t use my build. You aren’t going to do much better than that unless you cheat. Maybe trade off an Upkeep point for Luck or an Ego level for Offense, but that’s about it.

And no, it’s not necessary to put points in Defense if you’re a Troll. It’s not even that helpful if you have a Sealskin.

Travalgar

Level 29 Troll

“Gaping Asshole”

Pluvius Posted:

Until you get to Level 10, there’s no point in respec. Once you get to the cap, though, I don’t see why you wouldn’t use my build. You aren’t going to do much better than that unless you cheat. Maybe trade off an Upkeep point for Luck or an Ego level for Offense, but that’s about it.

And no, it’s not necessary to put points in Defense if you’re a Troll. It’s not even that helpful if you have a Sealskin.

Now that you mention it, I don’t think I really lose anything for following your build, do I?

Thanks for the suggestion.

At first, I’m aiming for an offensive Troll with little use of medicines (thus come the need for defense — an alternate version from the Speed build, switching the Ego with Defense). But now that I think about it, it’s not necessarily the best idea, this being my first Troll and all and I don’t have enough experience to experiment things as such.

Travalgar edited this message on 07/17/2008 1:16AM

Healbot

Avatar: 25938 Wed Oct 22 16:28:36 -0400 2008

[The Protected]

Level 49 Troll

“Complete Dipshit”

Defense is a worthless stat in general, so avoid investing points in it. With Sealskin you get a base defense of 16 which is more than enough.

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

I try for a ****load of defense so that threads hardly damage me. GFOC typically hits me for 80 (Not that that stops it from being a challenge).

Pluvius

Avatar: 10089 2010-01-24 16:29:03 -0500

[ClansRGay]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Travalgar Posted:

At first, I’m aiming for an offensive Troll with little use of medicines (thus come the need for defense — an alternate version from the Speed build, switching the Ego with Defense).

Doesn’t work—Defense doesn’t scale nearly as well as Offense does. My DML gives me 46 Defense and from what I remember, I still got hit about a third of the time for around 50-60 damage each on the two megaforums. And on the weaker high-level forums I get hit at about the same rate as with the Sealskin with only a few points less damage. A couple extra points of Defense isn’t really going to help, especially if you have to trade off Offense or Ego for it.

elenaratelim-
it

Avatar: 24791 2010-03-21 18:12:06 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

I have the DML… I have had tinted sunglbumes for a while (charisma +3/defense +2)...

Yesterday I bought the leather catmask (offense +1) and decided to try it when I did Faux today. My defense went down from 49-47 and my offense was at 27.

I found the 2 points defense did make a difference – same amount of threads (11) – I had to use about 8+ smileprin than I usually do when I have the tinted sunglbumes on. I also found the hits were higher (always high 50’s and low to mid 60’s) than with the sunglbumes on (mid 50’s mostly – a lot more 0 hits also).

Just sayin’ from my observations now that I switched equipment to compare.

But I guess you only really need to bother with such high defense if you plan to do Faux 4 times in a day etc otherwise it’s not like you will need to bother saving flezz/drugs…

Squidly

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Faux is one of the 3 forums where high defence makes a huge difference. My emo ran Faux and used 350+ smileprin with a defence of 9, my troll uses ~50 per run with a defence of 48 and attack of 27. I’m guessing around the 50 defence point there’s going to be diminishing returns though for higher levels, and of course with a higher attack, your defence has to kick in less often, so it’s still a tradeoff (and the best combination of the two will be different for different forums)

I’m considering respeccing for as high attack as possible, at the expense of luck and frugality, but it’s going to be an expensive operation as my current cost at Haxlrose is 50k .

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Alt fail Log in to see images!

elenaratelim-
it

Avatar: 24791 2010-03-21 18:12:06 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

50k? ouch

i thought 20k if I wanted another was bad Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!