Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll Domination questions.

Velveteen

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

SG94 Posted:

6. A cap on the number of forumbuildr submissions that can be entered.

that already exists. buildrscore + 7.

Higher antifreeze cap.

you would say that Log in to see images! but no i totally agree with that. 5 seems too low, at a total of 35 max antifreeze a week.if that was doubled it’d be a more competitive scoop.

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

/r/ing cap on buildrscore

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

course that would **** up the leaderboard

Claus

[Brainfreeze]

Level 23 Camwhore

“The Lady is a Tramp”

1. I tend to save all my visits.. I go for the trifecta, Lemon and Pistachio while maintaining 4 forums (vanilla). You can get 36 Lemon, Min of 7 (or more depending on where you are in the cycle) pistachio and 9 vanilla. Not bad.

2. I continue playing, but only to get bumhole cards and mess with the other leaders Log in to see images! Or depending on where I am I might still try for highest min.

3. Yes, yes, oh god yes!

4. They don’t push me to participate more, but I like them and look forward to seeing what comes next..

5. Yes I have in the past.. and would again.

6. More cards, more balance with vanilla, better solution for antifreeze.. to say the least.. More medals in higher brackets. It just gets too hard to get medals once you get up there.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

Velveteen Posted:

that already exists. buildrscore + 7.

You know what I mean and I’m not going to bother explaining it if you play dumb with me.

Re: ****ing the leaderboard: Have a cap on submissions, not the score. So you still have your higher score for the leaderboard although it’s only cosmetic. Same thing as with cred, really, also useless once you reach level 10.

DEAD FAGGOT edited this message on 07/09/2008 3:28PM

Wyrd

Avatar: 2782 2011-10-31 19:56:49 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Camwhore

I tried to get over myself, but I'm just too awesome!

Echuu Posted:

Stopped playing domination SRSLY because of end-time and other ****. So here are my answers.

The rest is mostly the same as Echuu’s answers as well.

1. When I run visits, I nuke ep2 beta players mainly, including cool people like scully. Log in to see images!

2. I nuke the tower.

3. Yes, offensive cards.

4. Yes, theme weeks are fun and make me participate more.

5. Yes, have raided and coordinated large scale raids.

6. END-TIME, either change it to a less non-american-unfriendly time or find a way to make it less crucial. Waaay more cards(offensive and defensive). Klan vanilla needs a fix.

Wyrd edited this message on 07/09/2008 4:05PM

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

SG94 Posted:

You know what I mean and I’m not going to bother explaining it if you play dumb with me.

Re: ****ing the leaderboard: Have a cap on submissions, not the score. So you still have your higher score for the leaderboard although it’s only cosmetic. Same thing as with cred, really, also useless once you reach level 10.

I guess that makes sense, but that’s harming the solo players ability to compete with vanilla (right now its the only uncapped source)

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

you could fix end time by making it so no one can destroy scoops on the last day, that way people can deploy their scoops to their hearts content, and if they didn’t have enough to cut it, then thats that.

edit: of course that would make shields pointless unless you wanna be in bumhole range during the week.

gonna add some suggestions to the appropriate thread.

Pickled Dickbutt edited this message on 07/09/2008 7:07PM

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

Pickled male reproductive organbum Posted:

I guess that makes sense, but that’s harming the solo players ability to compete with vanilla (right now its the only uncapped source)

No it’s not, because all the raiders use it as well. :B

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

still doing something that reduces the scoops of both non-raiders and raiders just adjusts the bottom line, it doesn’t fix any problems.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

still doing something that reduces the scoops of both non-raiders and raiders just adjusts the bottom line, it doesn’t fix any problems.

It’s a side issue of course, compared to klan vanilla.

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Honestly choco scoops should probably be limited but yes they pale in comparison to the overwhelming power of vanilla scoops.

I’ve actually been competing in domination this season with alts but I definitely understand that many people are getting extremely frustrated with domination and are basically dropping out of playing it (and I suspect playing forumwarz in general). Even though I’ve benefited from uncapped vanilla at various times I do strongly urge that something be done to severely limit it for the overall good of the game. Without something being done in the near future I suspect forumwarz will continue to hemorrhage userbase.

elenaratelim-
it

Avatar: 24791 2010-03-21 18:12:06 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

An open letter to people with 365,432,987,173,986 scoops in my non-medaled alt brackets:

– Why must you also steal scoops on top of that?

xoxoxoxo/diaf

elena

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

I imagine its to get that 1 scoop needed to make a tie.

elenaratelim-
it

Avatar: 24791 2010-03-21 18:12:06 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

I imagine its to get that 1 scoop needed to make a tie.

cant you buy a modest improvement?

or steal it from someone who is obv not going for medals or anything

greedy bastards

Fiasco

Avatar: 46971 Thu Oct 16 00:30:33 -0400 2008

[Flogging a Dead Ho-
rse
]

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

1. Depends on the character type. Trolls can’t triple lemon in some of the forums and re res of course have pretty limited options.

2. I make an bumesment based on who is in the bracket. One or even two Klan raiders and I’m game to take them on and at least try to prevent their win but in the top several brackets I generally quit for the week as soon as I see where I am.

3. Yes. Always. the only way to do any damage to the Klans.

4. 5 finger was fun but as I posted at the time didn’t come anywhere close to bringing parity.

5. If I ever had the slightest interest, I now hate all of the Klannies with the burning intensity of a thousand suns, so no.

6. The single, obvious solution is Klan raiders in their own brackets. I know the problems with this I know people can quit and join klans and manipulate things but basically at anytime in a domination round you reach 30 vanillas (great timesulative) your character should be dumped into a Klan bracket.

Failing that there needs to be a realistic limit on weekly vanilla. The most weekly lemons is what 108? Pistachio maybe 40 or 50, same with anti freeze. So why the hell is vanilla unlimited? Make it 108 as well. Either that or let me get 900 antifreeze (which I gather was once allowable?)

Forgetting the inequities of Klan raids, my biggest complaint is nothing to do with the system, rather the klan players style of play. I don’t really care if you get 400 vanillas each – i resent that then you still gang up on everyone else at that point. Why not actually play domination against each other? Why not attack each others towers on the last day? Seeing a few people with 75 cards each go nuts on each other would be epic and very enjoyable for those of us who otherwise have long since given up. The idea that you all effectively put the rest of us out of the game by Sunday and then play for a goddamn tie makes me sick. Sick and angry.

Fiasco edited this message on 07/09/2008 9:49PM

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

elenaratelimit Posted:

cant you buy a modest improvement?

or steal it from someone who is obv not going for medals or anything

greedy bastards

when its a tie for max, and you need 1 scoop, a modie won’t do it.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

Fiasco Posted:

Forgetting the inequities of Klan raids, my biggest complaint is nothing to do with the system, rather the klan players style of play. I don’t really care if you get 400 vanillas each – i resent that then you still gang up on everyone else at that point. Why not actually play domination against each other? Why not attack each others towers on the last day? Seeing a few people with 75 cards each go nuts on each other would be epic and very enjoyable for those of us who otherwise have long since given up. The idea that you all effectively put the rest of us out of the game by Sunday and then play for a goddamn tie makes me sick. Sick and angry.

we don’t attack clan-mates because we are all friends and allies, and it would be counter productive when you can trust each other for ties. Brainfreeze and Beta really do target eachother though, when they can, rather than solo players.

This is actually why we want to see more raiding clans. more competition would be more fun.

Tresxae

[Emo Hell]

Level 51 Emo Kid

“Razor Ramon”

1. How do you play?

Poorly.

2. When you see a tower of scoops do you continue playing out the week, or just give up?

Quit for the week and just use cards to break engineered ties.

3. Do you use Domination cards?

Yep.

4. Do you like the theme weeks / do the theme weeks push you to participate more heavily?

Yes, the week with no shields was fun even though I didn’t stand a chance in my bracket.

5. Have you ever been involved in a klan raid? Do you want to be?

Yes. Not really, it’s kinda boring.

6. What do you think should change about Domination?

Players should be limited to a maximum amount of cards they can have at one time – say 7 to 10. It would force them to build hands for the final day by playing cards during the week to discard cards they don’t want in order to get the ones they want. To a degree it would also force people to play more during the week to protect their scoops that haven’t been converted into cards and allow players generating less scoops to potentially have more influence on a bracket when playing cards against others since it would limit the number of shields any one person could have at one time. It may also create more viable strategies for beginning, mid-week and last day card hands. This could be tested in a theme week to see how it works out.

A life time earned scoop counter should be put in place for each player that would be used to get their potential average scoops per week that they have shown they can earn and placed into brackets with others that capable of earning around the same amounts. Those that don’t raid or don’t want to be bothered with raiding could then play with players that can generate roughly the same amount of scoops as themselves through non-raiding. This of course would have to be done for a few weeks secretly before it went live in order to prevent people that will lower their scoops counts to get easy wins the first weeks that it was put in place. Naturally new players that would start raiding would an advantage for a week or two before they bubble up to the top brackets scoop earning brackets. Those that stopped raiding after doing for a long time would have more of problem moving down into the lower brackets but they could always create a new character with a few BPs to get back into the game at the lower brackets.

Malaise

Avatar: 40838 2011-10-31 23:42:35 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trust me. I know edgy!

we don’t attack clan-mates because we are all friends and allies, and it would be counter productive when you can trust each other for ties. Brainfreeze and Beta really do target eachother though, when they can, rather than solo players.

This is actually why we want to see more raiding clans. more competition would be more fun.

OK that is just very special. By most people’s estimation there are maybe 40 people actively playing. Take out me, TeeKayEff, and one or two other solos and everyone remaining is in either brainfreeze or beta. Brainfreeze has well over 50 members and you have 24. So you are friends and allies and do not want to compete against what, half the players in the game? Friends can and do compete in pretty much every other game on earth as I’m sure you are aware. I’m not saying you shouldn’t collaborate on your raids, just that at some point individual members should go for the win.

But if you seriously believe your own point, that you wish you could see more raiding klans, then why the hell don’t you and brainfreeze split into more yourself? Why are you (well more they than you but you know what I’m saying) constantly recruiting more members into the same two Klans? Doesn’t that go against your wish for more competition? Clearly over the past few weeks Beta has become so dominant that even most of Brainfreeze seems to have stopped competing. Your raids this past week went beyond the point of asinine. I just find it strange that people like you and Scully, people who seem to have generally sensible opinions and a desire for improvement, are unwilling to make any of the obvious changes to improve things. The first of which would be to temper the bludgeoning of noobs/solos by either splitting your Klan or maybe doing one raid a week or something that keeps you only say 150 scoops ahead of everyone else.

Although I still think you are a pack of pantywaists if you won’t go after each other.

Malaise edited this message on 07/10/2008 4:47AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!