Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing
News IMPORTANT ANNONCEMENT ATHIESTS RULE CHRISTfabulous personS DROOL

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

1338h4x Posted:

If you want to get really anal, you could argue that since there’s also no proof that there isn’t a god, agnosticism would be the real logical conclusion. Perhaps some sort of god not matching any particular religion simply made a physics engine and set up the reactions that led to the big bang and everything from there happened on its own. Or perhaps not.

Proving a negative is logically impossible: however it is quite bonkers to believe in some sort of all-powerful being if it does not manifest itself in any way, shape or form. Technically, I am agnostic as well, as I cannot say there is no god with mathematical certainty; yet practically, I live my life as though there is no god (haven’t seen any evidence) and I’m an atheist.

EDIT: also see the Teapot argument as described by Nillo.

DEAD FAGGOT edited this message on 08/14/2008 6:15PM

Heat Seeking-
Moisture Mi-
ssile

Avatar: Heat Seeking Moisture Missile's Avatar

Level 10 Troll

AKA Throbbing Thrill Hammer, Rod of God, and male reproductive organ

Enshoku Posted:

No, only the jews, muslims, and christians share the same god. However, I would not advise telling a chrstian that they worship the same god as the muslims, as it ****es them off a great deal…on second thought, go right ahead.

Actually only the Jews and Christians worship the same God, (Jehova or more properly, YHWH) the Muslims do not.

Prior to Muhammed, the people of the Saudi region were polytheistic, though the majority of those people worshipped a god of the moon called Allah.

You can still see signs of the moon connection in many muslim countries flags.

When Muhammed decided made up a new monotheistic religion and decided to force all the people he could to follow, he used the moon god Allah, who most of that regions peopole already worshiped, and simply said that Allah was the creator and the God of Abraham, whom the people of that region claimed as an ancestor (through Ishmael instead of Isaac whom the Jews claim.)

Log in to see images! Heat Seeking Moisture Missile edited this message on 08/14/2008 6:20PM

Enshoku

[The Godless Gamers]

Level 31 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

agnosticism and atheism are not opposing terms, one can be a:

agnostic theist

gnostic theist

agnostic atheist

gnostic atheist

gnosticism deals with what you know, theism deals with what you believe. In order to say that the atheist position is less supported than an agnostic position, you would have to claim that most atheists are gnostic atheists…good luck with that.

Enshoku

[The Godless Gamers]

Level 31 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

Thread Ninja Posted:

Actually only the Jews and Christians worship the same God, (Jehova or more properly, YHWH) the Muslims do not.

Prior to Muhammed, the people of the Saudi region were polytheistic, though the majority of those people worshipped a god of the moon called Allah.

You can still see signs of the moon connection in many muslim countries flags.

When Muhammed decided made up a new monotheistic religion and decided to force all the people he could to follow, he used the moon god Allah, who most of that regions peopole already worshiped, and simply said that Allah was the creator and the God of Abraham, whom the people of that region claimed as an ancestor (through Ishmael instead of Isaac whom the Jews claim.)

all righty, that just means internal inconsistency within the history of the religion, but all three religions currently believe they worship the god of Abraham.

Heat Seeking-
Moisture Mi-
ssile

Level 10 Troll

Enshoku Posted:

all righty, that just means internal inconsistency within the history of the religion,

Not really considering that the Jewish religion is over a thousand years older, it just shows that Muhammed obviously made his religion up.

Enshoku Posted:

but all three religions currently believe they worship the god of Abraham.

That is true, but the Muslims are clearly wrong about that, it’s not the same god.

Abraham worshipped YHWH not Allah.

BirdofPrey

Avatar: 2037 Sun May 10 02:46:48 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I lick her up afterwards (After her great times session too! Yum!)

Functionally, the way things are now, all 3 religions believe in the same god. Allah is now just another name for him. If you want to get really anal with the whole history thing you could the same kind of things about christianity as well. Most of the early christians were converted pagans, and many christian holidays are loosely based on old pagan traditions so that converts would feel comfortable.

edit – if anything, christianity is the one out of the norm, as judaism and islam are both unconditionally monotheistic and the whole ‘jesus’ thing blurs that line. And the catholic holy trinity erases that line.

BirdofPrey edited this message on 08/14/2008 6:46PM

Enshoku

[The Godless Gamers]

Level 31 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

BirdofPrey Posted:

Functionally, the way things are now, all 3 religions believe in the same god. Allah is now just another name for him. If you want to get really anal with the whole history thing you could the same kind of things about christianity as well. Most of the early christians were converted pagans, and many christian holidays are loosely based on old pagan traditions so that converts would feel comfortable.

edit – if anything, christianity is the one out of the norm, as judaism and islam are both unconditionally monotheistic and the whole ‘jesus’ thing blurs that line. And the catholic holy trinity erases that line.

christianity is indeed the odd one out, but islam has quite a few things that clash with orthodox judaism as well.

BirdofPrey

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

Enshoku Posted:

christianity is indeed the odd one out, but islam has quite a few things that clash with orthodox judaism as well.

yeah of course, its just that the unity/identity of god isn’t one of them.

Lord Shplane

Avatar: 49819 Fri Dec 05 01:45:00 -0500 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Troll

:)

Nillo Posted:

If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my bumertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes. But if I were to go on to say that, since my bumertion cannot be disproved, it is an intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense. If, however, the existence of such a teapot were affirmed in ancient books, taught as the sacred truth every Sunday, and instilled into the minds of children at school, hesitation to believe in its existence would become a mark of eccentricity and entitle the doubter to the attentions of the psychiatrist in an enlightened age or of the Inquisitor in an earlier time.

ZOMFG DID U THNK UV THT URSALF?

SIGNATURE SIGNATURE SIGNATURE SIGNATURE SIGNATURE

Heat Seeking-
Moisture Mi-
ssile

Level 10 Troll

BirdofPrey Posted:

I disagree that the trinity thing blurs the line, but that is opinion and debateable certainly.

However, the fact that the first Christians were Jews is not debateable.

The first Christian church was made up of (converted) Jews, who simply saw Jesus or (Yeshua in the Hebrew) as the Messiah or Christ. They were not converted Pagans.

It was not until the Apostle Paul went on his many missionary trips spreading the religion to the Greeks and Romans, , after Peter had a vision of a tablecloth full of unclean animals lowered from Heaven, when the church became made up of mostly converted Pagans. Until then the religion was Jewish only.

Heat Seeking Moisture Missile edited this message on 08/14/2008 7:35PM

banana

[I Liek Mudkipz]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Don’t say anything bad about christianity

When combined with a burning match, the bible can keep a cold african family sort of warm for a little while

So there, missionairies do great work

kekekeke Log in to see images! banana edited this message on 08/14/2008 7:40PM

All banana’s liek mudkipz

1338h4x

Avatar: 22473 Sat Nov 29 21:01:08 -0500 2008

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 35 Troll

7 Vibrating Doldoes was never a meme

SG94 Posted:

Proving a negative is logically impossible: however it is quite bonkers to believe in some sort of all-powerful being if it does not manifest itself in any way, shape or form. Technically, I am agnostic as well, as I cannot say there is no god with mathematical certainty; yet practically, I live my life as though there is no god (haven’t seen any evidence) and I’m an atheist.

EDIT: also see the Teapot argument as described by Nillo.

Well I did say if you want to get really anal. Of course Russell’s Teapot implies that there’s no point in trying to argue that it does exist and points out the absurdity of this unprovable statement. The possibility does still exist though – for both God and the teapot. We simply can’t prove it and there’s not much point in thinking about it. We’ll find out when we’re dead, eh?

Also what the **** is this doing in the trollhole.

1338h4x edited this message on 08/14/2008 8:24PM

BirdofPrey

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

Thread Ninja Posted:

I disagree that the trinity thing blurs the line, but that is opinion and debateable certainly.

However, the fact that the first Christians were Jews is not debateable.

The first Christian church was made up of (converted) Jews, who simply saw Jesus or (Yeshua in the Hebrew) as the Messiah or Christ. They were not converted Pagans.

It was not until the Apostle Paul went on his many missionary trips spreading the religion to the Greeks and Romans, , after Peter had a vision of a tablecloth full of unclean animals lowered from Heaven, when the church became made up of mostly converted Pagans. Until then the religion was Jewish only.

Yeah you’re right, but the reason i worded it that way is because christianity before the mbum conversion of pagans started was really more of a cult than a religion. a very small following who were basically outcasts from both judaism and roman society.

BirdofPrey

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

1338h4x Posted:

Also what the **** is this doing in the trollhole.

sg94 is a master troll

Travalgar

Avatar: 49870 Tue Oct 21 02:47:07 -0400 2008

Level 29 Troll

“Gaping Asshole”

Seriously, atheist fabulous persons, get a life.

Who am I? I am…

And I’m going to zap your bum.

Gorgeous Bul-
l****

Level 4 Troll

“Slightly Unpleasant Individual”

o0-M00N_KriK37-0o Posted:

you ruined the thread

You’ve got dog **** on your mind.

suck my ****, ****.

Gorgeous Bul-
l****

Level 4 Troll

“Slightly Unpleasant Individual”

Thread Ninja Posted:

That is true, but the Muslims are clearly wrong about that, it’s not the same god.

Abraham worshipped YHWH not Allah.

Neither of them exist, therefore, all are doochebags.

This thread sux.

suck my ****, ****.

SG94

Avatar: 53266 2011-07-31 00:43:01 -0400

[SG Inc]

Level 35 Troll

The most anal, compulsive tattle tale on this site, mess with me and meet the ban axe ****

SInce Im all for honest debate i present the christ[s]fabulous person[/sians’ side as well:

just so we all have both sieds of the argument lolol

Do you want to make Flamebate better? Click here!

SG94

Avatar: 53266 2011-07-31 00:43:01 -0400

[SG Inc]

Level 35 Troll

The most anal, compulsive tattle tale on this site, mess with me and meet the ban axe ****

oops akmost fell from active topics seriously you need to watch that video for fairness and balance

Do you want to make Flamebate better? Click here!

1338h4x

Avatar: 22473 Sat Nov 29 21:01:08 -0500 2008

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 35 Troll

7 Vibrating Doldoes was never a meme

JEWS KILLED JESUS

THANKS JEWS CAN YOU DO IT AGAIN WHEN THE SECOND COMING ARRIVES

1338h4x edited this message on 09/18/2008 6:07PM

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!